Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hunting Backpack

Re: Hunting Backpack

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine Hunter View Post
    I have a SG 6900. I love it. If you decide on the SG, you may want to consider going with the 6900 over the 5900 if you have any plans of doing back pack trips longer than a week. I’m sure you could, but when strapped down into a day pack, those backs are near identical. The price and weight difference is negligible. I’m sure you’ll be happy with any of your choices.
    Yupp. This is bang on. I run the 6400 and it slims down to a sweet day pack. Definetly would get 1 size larger than you think you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    So what pack are you running then???
    'Running'? Well I'm not the type of guy to use a silly term like that. I instead simply 'use' a Bullpack, obviously.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    'Running'? Well I'm not the type of guy to use a silly term like that. I instead simply 'use' a Bullpack, obviously.
    No offense but you don't know what you're talking about. Any of the packs mentioned above are head and shoulder beyond a bull pack in nearly every aspect...the term running is also common lingo and is not silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_29 View Post
    No offense but you don't know what you're talking about. Any of the packs mentioned above are head and shoulder beyond a bull pack in nearly every aspect...the term running is also common lingo and is not silly.
    The Bullpack is the best choice for real men in my opinion. If a fellow has a bit of a weak back , or perhaps isn't very strong, it might be an idea to look at internal frame packs from MEC. Or maybe just paint a wheelbarrow camo and use that.

As for running, I think it's often used in an attempt to elevate one's outdoor activities to the level of a true professional like a guide outfitter. It's right up there with terms like professional, military grade, commercial.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    The Bullpack is the best choice for real men in my opinion. If a fellow has a bit of a weak back , or perhaps isn't very strong, it might be an idea to look at internal frame packs from MEC. Or maybe just paint a wheelbarrow camo and use that.

As for running, I think it's often used in an attempt to elevate one's outdoor activities to the level of a true professional like a guide outfitter. It's right up there with terms like professional, military grade, commercial.
    Maybe you can elaborate on your experience with the bullpack that would make it for real men? It had better be more manly than 1000's of km in the mountains running my SG.