Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hunting Backpack

Re: Hunting Backpack

Maybe buy a real man's pack- a Bull Pack.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

I have a SG 6900. I love it. If you decide on the SG, you may want to consider going with the 6900 over the 5900 if you have any plans of doing back pack trips longer than a week. I’m sure you could, but when strapped down into a day pack, those backs are near identical. The price and weight difference is negligible. I’m sure you’ll be happy with any of your choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine Hunter View Post
    I have a SG 6900. I love it. If you decide on the SG, you may want to consider going with the 6900 over the 5900 if you have any plans of doing back pack trips longer than a week. I’m sure you could, but when strapped down into a day pack, those backs are near identical. The price and weight difference is negligible. I’m sure you’ll be happy with any of your choices.
    Yep go big or go home. They pack down to nothing.

Thanks for the reply’s folks. The input is appreciated. Hopefully I can get down to Precision Optics to try on some Packs.

Call great north prescion they set me up with a great mystery ranch at a great price.
    Felt like a feather with equilvelant to my weight in moose in it this year.multiple times.

I’ve got a mystery ranch metcalf. Just carried out a full mulie buck in it about 4 km. Great pack! I’d highly recommend it. They slightly heavier than SG but are tougher from what I’ve read.

I have 2 mystery ranch 7500 packs, both have large belts, one is grey one is brown, been using these for 2 years now, great for heavy carry, might sell both soon as my heavy carry days are done now, to many injury over time

I’m running a MR Metcalf in an xl frame and it’s been great. Surprising how much you can pack in the bags. Built my own rifle carry/quick release with my wifes help and it’s super quick to pull the rifle to ready. Lots of great options out there, find one that works/fits you.
    Last edited by Ride Red; 10-17-2021 at 11:44 AM.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    Maybe buy a real man's pack- a Bull Pack.

So what pack are you running then???
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

I have used eberlestock, mystery ranch, stone glacier and now I’m running the seek outside. The seek outside pack fits me like a glove, I really like seek outside gear