Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mu3-29 and 3-30

Mu3-29 and 3-30

Thinking about hunting in those areas next week….. I know there is a fire closure till the
    15th of October …… anyone know if they are extending the ban after that date?
    I was thinking of going the weekend of the 22nd
    Keep your friends close but your enemies closer.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Mu3-29 and 3-30

No REASON to Extend it - fires are out - I was QUADING up in 3-28 yesterday and there was near 3 " of snow up HIGH ! RJ

Kind of confusing….. apparently there is a closure to mv that are used for hunting purposes
    commercial and residential traffic is ok….. the sabiston access road area
    Keep your friends close but your enemies closer.

shits closed to motorized vehicles for ALL RECREATIONAL USERS but I am sure there will be no enforcement...
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by stugatz View Post
    Thinking about hunting in those areas next week….. I know there is a fire closure till the
    15th of October …… anyone know if they are extending the ban after that date?
    I was thinking of going the weekend of the 22nd
    How did it go? I know a bunch of guys were there third week of october (mu3-29) and they (and reportedly quite a few other hunters) had success. no pre-rut activities but bucks were apparently acting stupid already.
    Do Good ...and forget about it..

Helped my dad kill a 2 point up there last Saturday.

Saw a few camps here and there. Wouldn't call it "busy". Good weather but I hear they already received like 6" of snow where we were at.

We walked through the timber off the road into an old burn and sat down for an hour. Two does and a buck walked 100 yards down from us and he took the buck. We were done by 1pm.

Easiest hunt we ever had.

How are moose numbers in 3-30 ? A friend of mine has a draw for there starting tomorrow. They are planning on hunting there in a couple weeks.
    The only time I've been in the region was about 22-25? years ago. We camped at Gorman lake not far from Barriere. We talked to a forestry worker who told us about the pine beetle that had just started there and that we'd see it in the rest of the province in a number of years after. [ turns out he was correct ]

Does anyone have a definitive answer to what MU’s are open in Region 3 to Motor Vehicle traffic ? Seems some were to open October 15 but now that might not be the case .
    Thanks
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

I got a letter from Ministry of Forests Lands etc. reminding me of the closures in Reg 3 and 8 in relation to my LEH draw for Nov. 1. Letter was dated Oct. 21 i didnt get it until Oct. 29. I thought the restrictions were lifted as of Oct. 15 but this letter tells me otherwise.

These are in effect, no dates offered for re-opening though 18 months came up once

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/s...e-prohibitions
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole