Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cheaper teepee?

Re: Cheaper teepee?

Quote Originally Posted by Greenthumbed View Post
    https://gstove-canada.com/

When you are shopping for a stove for your tipi tent check out the link above. I’ve seen two of these stoves working and can say that they are very nice units.
    This is the one I’d buy. I haven’t seen one in person, but they seem to check most of the boxes for what I’d be looking for. I think they’re around 20 pounds all in, stainless and everything fits inside. Seems to be the right size to pack on my quad with a small tent.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

The Mini peak is the model I have. I’m happy with it.
    They emailed me back. Tent is shipping from Washington tomorrow. Keen to see what it’s like. I won’t do a stove this season. Maybe downthe road. I will enjoy being able to cook in a sheltered space that is safer than inside a regular tent though.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    They emailed me back. Tent is shipping from Washington tomorrow. Keen to see what it’s like. I won’t do a stove this season. Maybe downthe road. I will enjoy being able to cook in a sheltered space that is safer than inside a regular tent though.
    Yup. We had some pretty bad weather on our alpine mule deer hunt this season. We had to cook in the tent it was good. No issues. We were using my partner’s Hexpeak 3p.
    "A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children." John James Audubon

https://youtu.be/iu5DzVOV2JE What about this stove ? Or any of these ?https://youtu.be/hpovcY9pVas
    Arctic Lake
    Last edited by Arctic Lake; 10-13-2021 at 11:04 AM.
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Quote Originally Posted by oddsix View Post
    We've been running a home made teepee for 20 years. 12' 2x2 cedars, 6 mil poly, 5" metal ring welded up with hinges for the cedars at the top which also serves as the exit for the stove pipe. About as cheap as it gets and will withstand any weather.
    Have any pics?
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

https://gstove-canada.com/

When you are shopping for a stove for your tipi tent check out the link above. I’ve seen two of these stoves working and can say that they are very nice units.
    Great stove love mine

Both myself and a friend have had good experiences with the Luxe tents we own.
    Thanks Greenthumbed. Hence why it is important to hear first hand instead of the online information. Out of curiosity has anyone used the Hercules tent they have or are you using the tipi style?
    "stupid branch got in the way...."

what are the advantages of a teepee over a tent,and is there small teepees that would work for one or two people

Quote Originally Posted by ghost View Post
    what are the advantages of a teepee over a tent,and is there small teepees that would work for one or two people
    Hi Ghost,
    I think the main advantage of a tipi is the weight. Tipis are usually flourless and don’t have an internal frame of there own. For small tipis (1or 2 person) you can use a hiking pole for the set up or you can cut a bush pole to length if you are below tree line.
    Durning bug season you can use an optional inner tent or this inner can be left at home if there is no risk of bugs.
    another advantage of the tipi is most can accommodate a wood stove for late season camping/hunting if the appropriate stove jack is installed.
    I like the simplicity of the tipi. It can be set up in under 5 minutes.
    There are tipis for 1 and 2 persons. Check out the Luxe website.
    "A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children." John James Audubon

Hi Ghost,
    I think the main advantage of a tipi is the weight. Tipis are usually flourless and don’t have an internal frame of there own. For small tipis (1or 2 person) you can use a hiking pole for the set up or you can cut a bush pole to length if you are below tree line.
    Durning bug season you can use an optional inner tent or this inner can be left at home if there is no risk of bugs.
    another advantage of the tipi is most can accommodate a wood stove for late season camping/hunting if the appropriate stove jack is installed.
    I like the simplicity of the tipi. It can be set up in under 5 minutes.
    There are tipis for 1 and 2 persons. Check out the Luxe website.
    thanks i will check out the website