Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Cheaper teepee?

Re: Cheaper teepee?

If anyone is in the lower mainland and will be doing an order with luxe tents. Could you please order me 10 bucks 10 by 14 stove Jack. Not the kit just the stove Jack please

Quote Originally Posted by sako79 View Post
    If anyone is in the lower mainland and will be doing an order with luxe tents. Could you please order me 10 bucks 10 by 14 stove Jack. Not the kit just the stove Jack please
    Crap. I would have done this for you, but my tent shipped on Thursday... Hoping to see it this week.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

My Luxe Teepee is at the post office (of course those d-bags are to lazy to actually deliver it to the address on it). I’ll pick it up tomorrow, and have some aluminum tubing to pick up Friday morning for a pole. I didn’t realize the pole doesn’t come with it, but I guess a lot of people use their ski poles that they need to hike with in place of a pole?

The Luxe Teepee is here and I set it up in the upstairs of my barn. Quality is excellent. I ordered the Minipeak XL with the winter liner. I didn’t realize until after I ordered that there is no pole included (I didn’t read that until later, but didn’t care), so I ordered some aluminum tubing and made my own 2 pce pole(note the debris cap). It will do 58-69” tall, and on level ground (plywood floor) the tent wanted a 63” pole. The only thing I don’t like is the inner liner hangs from these plastic hooks, which wanted to fall off the loops all the time. I figure it will be better once the tent is fully tensioned, but I’m going to order a 6 pack of micro carabiners to replace the hooks on that liner. Room for a chair even. But it would be tight with a stove.

Pics:

I was trying to figure out how you have it staked out, but it looks like you nailed it to the floor?

Sounds like you’re happy with it? I’m definitely getting a bigger teepee for those truck/quad trips
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

It’s a plywood floor so I fired a wood screw in each corner and “staked” to that. Overall, for a $195 USD tent, I’d say it’s good value. Forecast for our boat trip is showers and rain so I’ll have a good test run unless that changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    It’s a plywood floor so I fired a wood screw in each corner and “staked” to that. Overall, for a $195 USD tent, I’d say it’s good value. Forecast for our boat trip is showers and rain so I’ll have a good test run unless that changes.
    Looking forward to your review. I'm tossing around the Luxe tipi and the cheaper ones on amazon by Onetigris and Preself. Did you consider them?

I did look at the ones on Amazon as well. Read the reviews. Pretty much every person that reviewed them said “don’t waste your money”. I’m not a huge believer in reviews online, but when they overwhelmingly say something is crap, I tend to look elsewhere. On the other hand, I read reviews and watched a few YouTube reviews on the Luxe tents from people all over the world, and every single one said nothing but positive things. You might save $100 on the Amazon tent, but since a lot of them said “pole collapsed in 1 cm of snow, or after a big fart, I figured it best to go with the better quality tent. I think the Luxe are really solid for the price.

Looks like a good setup Redthies

I went with the Lite Outdoors plateau 5 with liner/nest/carbon pole options and their titanium stove.
    Good product reviews and most importantly to me, supporting a Canadian small business.

I went with the Lite Outdoors plateau 5 with liner/nest/carbon pole options and their titanium stove.
    Good product reviews and most importantly to me, supporting a Canadian small business.[/QUOTE]

I have a lite outdoors plateau 5 also and I have used it a bunch on mule deer, winter goat and steelheading trips. Brennan us great to deal with. I have melted 2 stove dampers and he just keeps sending me a new one when I email him and he said he is ordering some.thicker ones so they stop melting/ bending when hot. The tipi is great size for 2 guys and full gear plus stove and a pile of wood. I started using firelogs when dry wood is scarce and they work wonders in the titanium stove. I ordered the inner baffle but quickly found out it is useless .