Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheaper teepee?

Re: Cheaper teepee?

We've been running a home made teepee for 20 years. 12' 2x2 cedars, 6 mil poly, 5" metal ring welded up with hinges for the cedars at the top which also serves as the exit for the stove pipe. About as cheap as it gets and will withstand any weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    Check the reviews on Luxe before anyone orders. It seems they have a tendency to only ship partial orders then leave you hanging for the rest of the shipment. I too am looking for a similar set up but once I started reading reviews on these tents online it sounds like it might not be worth the hassle.
    Ive ordered twice from luxe got them the orders in less than a week.

That is good to know Sako and of course first hand experience outweighs some of the online content for sure. I was just looking online and it appears that Luxe Canada closed down and now has everything ship out of China.
    "stupid branch got in the way...."

Quote Originally Posted by sako79 View Post
    I bought this tent and used if for our fly in moose hunt. It performed awesome in days of heavy wind rain and snow.
    https://luxe-hiking-gear.com/collect...ent-stove-jack
    Thanks for the link. I’ve been casually shopping for a tent for my annual November boat access hunt, and just pulled the trigger on their Mini Peak XL. It looks like amazing value for money!
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    A friend of mine has been in touch with a Chinese company who wants to sell him 100 teepees cheap. I can’t remember the exact price, but they’re sending him a sample to check out. Now that I’m thinking, I think it’s a copy of the Russian bear tent. We’ll see when it gets here and I’ll give a report and maybe we’ll try it out in November
    I will vouch for the russian bear tent, mine has been great for me, stood up to some nasty weather and wind, but it isn't the same class as these lightweight teepee tents
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

That is good to know Sako and of course first hand experience outweighs some of the online content for sure. I was just looking online and it appears that Luxe Canada closed down and now has everything ship out of China.
    Mine was shipped from washington state

Luxe Hiking Gear
    81 North Forks Avenue
    Suite A
    Forks, Wa 98331
    USA
    (877) 360-5893

Quote Originally Posted by sako79 View Post
    Mine was shipped from washington state

Luxe Hiking Gear
    81 North Forks Avenue
    Suite A
    Forks, Wa 98331
    USA
    (877) 360-5893
    Hopefully that’s where mine is coming from. I tried calling this morning, but they apparently prefer email contact and didn’t answer.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    Thanks for the link. I’ve been casually shopping for a tent for my annual November boat access hunt, and just pulled the trigger on their Mini Peak XL. It looks like amazing value for money!
    The Mini peak is the model I have. I’m happy with it.
    "A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children." John James Audubon

Both myself and a friend have had good experiences with the Luxe tents we own.
    "A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children." John James Audubon

https://gstove-canada.com/

When you are shopping for a stove for your tipi tent check out the link above. I’ve seen two of these stoves working and can say that they are very nice units.