Thread: remote hunting/backpacking

Threaded View

remote hunting/backpacking

Hi all, I'm new to BC and this site. In November I will have lived here for 6 months so I can buy more then a small game tag. I have already got my credentials figured out on the BC web page

I'm not sure what I wish to accomplish wit this thread, i guess I'm just excited and want to start a convo about remote hunting and backpacking, gain some info and read some stories

but I am planning a sheep and goat hunt next September in the Telegraph Creek area (been there before). well the real plan is to charter a boat to drop us off on the Stikine river near where the Iskut and Stikine rivers meet. looks like a good spot from google maps

I'm am not new to hunting but I haven't shot any big game yet and I know a sheep or a goat would be a hard first animal but they are on the top of the list for me, so i figure ill go for them first. (this November ill buy a mule deer tag and I live on Gambier island so I can pretty much feed the deer by hand so there is a good chance ill get a mulie this fall)

im not use to boat/fly in locations, normally a good days hike would get my back to the road. so I'm looking for some info or stories on things i should/shouldn't bring and things I may not think of that are essential for a trip like this. it will be 8 nights in the bush. or id like to even just read others stories about remote hunts and what did you bring for food or fuel how heavy were your packs on the way in.

I have read near every post about goat or sheep hunting in the north on this site and CGN and now im reading lots about what food t bring on a 8 day back packing trip as lots of times hikers are more open with their stories then hunters

I'm just excited and want to talk about goat and sheep hunting.

i will also put in for the LEH for Spatsizi and Mt Edziza so getting that may change the hunting location but it will still be remote and should be a good time
    Last edited by Evanguy; 10-11-2021 at 08:17 PM.

2. Site Sponsor