Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: remote hunting/backpacking

Re: remote hunting/backpacking

I recommend doing some more hiking trips in one of the parks or even around where you live. Do lots of elevation and get your gear dialed in. I usually do at least one trip in jasper each year to get ready for hunting. If you enjoy hiking than you’ll enjoy sheep/goat hunting.

Im sure you’ve looked through lots of gear lists, but if you want mine I could post it up. I was going to do a bag dump and take some pics anyways for some other people who asked already. Food list too if you want.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Re: remote hunting/backpacking

Yeah i do hike a lot and really like hiking, although i do need to start gaining more elevation in my hikes. On the island here ive been up all 3 mountains and to all 5 lakes a few times. But the highest peak is only 3000 feet ( starting at sea level) and the close one that i often find my self going up is Mt Artaban (2015') in Gold Bridge i was hiking around at 6000' but started at 4k at our camp site.

And yes please do post your list of gear. And a food list would be nice.that is somewhere im lacking. I always just carry a bunch of food without any real though behind it