Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Successful North Eastern Alberta Bull Moose Hunt

Re: Successful North Eastern Alberta Bull Moose Hunt

That’s awesome great write up I miss moose hunting good job getting the youngster his moose.. Thanks for the motivation I think the last time I posted a hunting story was when I went moose hunting in 2012.
    ps nice job on the wolves

Nice bull fuzzy!

I was hunting north of the Firebag this year. I did see one other bull come out of the Firebag east of the parking lot when I was heading out and another guy who shot one north of the Firebag bridge.

The river seems busier than everywhere I go. A good friend of mine hunts the Clearwater every year for a couple weeks and he keeps bugging me to come with him, but I’m more of a landlubber when it comes to hunting. I don’t really burn much gas in my quad either. I maybe burned one tank in my quad in five days.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

You are right Busterckuck, the Firebag River is very busy and not just this year but every year. I have several friends who gave up hunting it because it can be a zoo and they were just not seeing the animals despite putting on a lot of miles. In most years a big inboard jet boat doesn’t have a lot of issues getting around but it’s super low this year so while you may have some stretches with several feet of water every second corner seems to be not much more than inches deep in the rapids. It was especially shallow the last week of August in bow season.

I’ve spent a lot of time in there so I’ve got spots marked with the gps all up and down the river that make for a good walk and great places to call from. The only problem is if you shoot a bull a km in off the river it makes for a lot of work getting him out. Most people won’t put in that effort and just buzz up and down the river. That gets expensive and when there is a lot of traffic it’s not that productive because the animals get pushed off the river. There are also a couple large groups that hunt the river exclusively each year that are legally allowed to shoot anything they see. We made it look easy yesterday but a lot of people try it a few times and then give up on it because getting a bull in there isn’t always easy.

I’d chalk our first bull up to effort and a bit of skill but this second one was all luck other that the perfect shot my nephew made.

Thumbs up Re: Successful North Eastern Alberta Bull Moose Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzybiscuit View Post
    ... I’d chalk our first bull up to effort and a bit of skill but this second one was all luck other that the perfect shot my nephew made.
    Cool!
    Great to see the Young Guns getting some success!
    Lucky, but you did put him in the right place for that to happen!

Congrats again!

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

thanks for the share...great adventure

Thanks for the share Fuzzy, you’re putting some good meat in people’s freezers. Well done

Prince Rupert Again, Formerly Fort Nelson

Wicked! I don’t care where you are hunting as long as you tell me about it, complete with photos…..��
    "Dy'in ain't much of a livin' boy"

"There is NO Keyser Soze"!!!!!!

"Do cow moose have white inside their ears"?!!!!!