Thread: Butcher....

Butcher....

Hey guys, where is the best place in Kelowna for getting some jalapeno cheddar smokies & Dry pepperoni made, we don't like the greasy stuff.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Butcher....

Costco!Costco costco costco

I Have an elk trim....50 lbs

Try Helmut's Sausage. The business started in Vernon & they opened an outlet in Kelowna. I asked in Vernon a few years ago & they said they would process wild meat but it had to be de boned & ready to go. There's another butcher in Vernon that had a business at the north end of town but he shut down a few years ago. He still butchers on the side, selling at farmer's markets etc. He makes the best pepperoni & great sausage. I get my bread at Okanagan Bakehouse in Vernon & from time to time they have Ritter's pepperoni & frozen brats in their cooler. His business was just up from Windsor Plywood in Vernon. Often see his Jeep parked outside the old business. If coming from the south turn right at the 2nd last intersection on the main drag, then immediate left after going over the train tracks.

I had cheese and jalapeņo smokies done at illichmanns last year. Very reasonable and tasted great. Will do more this year and plan on trying the pepperoni.

Sedos in Salmon Arm

Quote Originally Posted by Redo View Post
    I had cheese and jalapeņo smokies done at illichmanns last year. Very reasonable and tasted great. Will do more this year and plan on trying the pepperoni.
    +1 to that.

Illichmans has been great for me, so far this year they've made pepperoni, breakfast sausage, and jerky for me. They are all great!

I'm going to try Illichmans next week.
    DarekG was the pepperoni dry.... Do you happen to have a picture of yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Images View Post
    Sedos in Salmon Arm
    I'll second Sedos in Salmon Arm. I was at a fish & game banquet a few years ago and the Hors-d'œuvre were part of the appey plate. There was a combination of bear, elk and jalapeno cheese pepperoni and another bear, deer, jalapeno cheese pepperoni. I do not favour bear meat but I decided to try some. Both combinations were the best pepperoni that I had ever tasted.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

I love the Jalapeņo cheddar Smokies at camp!!
    I’ll try two places and post the results…