Thread: Mentors in Kamloops

Mentors in Kamloops

Hey, I'm wondering if anyone would care to take me out deer hunting some day on a weekend and teach me a thing or two about mule deer hunting in Kamloops. I am 31 years old and have been hunting for the last two years. I am mostly self taught with exception to the solid handful of tips I received running into other hunters out in the bush. Most of my hunting has been focused on WT deer in the west Kootenay, but I have also chased black bear, elk, and moose with quite a few positive encounters with those animals. I have fallen in love with hunting and will continue to do so for the rest of my life. I am brand new to Kamloops and am taking the Natural Resource Science program at TRU. I have learned so much from my time looking for animals, but overall, I have alot to learn. It would be great to link up with a knowledgeable local to field some questions to and to see how things can be done. I would even be happy to chat over a cup of coffee. Please message me here if interested in helping me get started here. Thanks!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Mentors in Kamloops

I hunt the area religiously 7 months a year, send me a PM and I will see what I can do.. my partner and I have been lucky enough to fill 4 tags since season started so we were going to switch gears to birds.. Any buck mule deer opens tomorrow, and any white tail opens next Sunday. Saw 4 bears in less than an hour yesterday before my buddy got his 4pt.. seems like hunting is prime right now, We are both right around your age.

whar do you have for gear?
    do you have an ATV, or your own vehicle? Most importantly did you vote for Justin?

all i do is hunt/fish kamloops,,,,,,i hunt everything hard from small game//predators//waterfowl//mule deer//whitetail deer//bear//moose,,,,,,needless to say,,,,i always have alot of meat in the freezer,,,,,,,,as Ryo mentioned above,,,,you more than welcome to send me a PM me any time you feel
    Aim small,,miss small

Quote Originally Posted by B-rad View Post
    all i do is hunt/fish kamloops,,,,,,i hunt everything hard from small game//predators//waterfowl//mule deer//whitetail deer//bear//moose,,,,,,needless to say,,,,i always have alot of meat in the freezer,,,,,,,,as Ryo mentioned above,,,,you more than welcome to send me a PM me any time you feel

just need walks with deer to chime in and you have a good chunk of the Kamloops crew lol

B-Rad, how’s the white tail chasing so far !? I’m thinking this will be my first year I hold onto my second tag all the way into December looking for a big boy or tag soup

its about average year again for me on the whitetail front,,,,,,iv only been able to scout out a 2 point so far,,,,,lots of doe,,,,,i know there is a few bit bigger bucks in the area i hunt,,,so i didnt squeeze trigger on the 2 point
    Aim small,,miss small

Hippie, I am in a similar boat to you, new to the area, been hunting a few years. 38 now. Slowly getting to grips with the areas around Kamloops, def spent more time exploring more areas than hunting them. I would happily go out with you, but i am def not a local expert like the guys above.

B- Rad, I would love to know more about waterfowl hunting up this way, I normally travel back to the LML to hunt ducks and geese.
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the the most intelligent , it is the one most adaptable to change"

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    just need walks with deer to chime in and you have a good chunk of the Kamloops crew lol

B-Rad, how’s the white tail chasing so far !? I’m thinking this will be my first year I hold onto my second tag all the way into December looking for a big boy or tag soup
    RyoThc hold that tag hell ya...saw a big guy today...also saw something near where you go i nicknamed thunder.... this season.
    OP who did you vote for?

Kids want to go do some goose hunting..