Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wolf Cull

Re: Wolf Cull

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post
    I would say, we cull every year. When I have wolves show up on trail cameras, or when we are hunting and we identify wolves in the area, we communicate the numbers to the trappers, and each year they take a majority of them out. Not all. We support balance, but from 12 to 4 one year, from 7 to 2 one year. This year, looks like we're after about 4 wolves to maintain balance.
    You are east Kootenays?

No wolf cull in my area and you can’t go anywhere without seeing Wolf sign. In the past year I’ve personally shot 3 and seen many, many more.

We got a small bull moose just over a week ago and the wolves were howling not far away. We were in a small inflatable and had 60km to get back to camp. The boat can float two guy, gear and a whole moose but it won’t get up on step with that much weight. We took 2 1/4’s across the river and hung them high off the ground. We made the trip back the next day and before picking up the 1/4’s we checked the carcass. It was pretty picked clean with Wolf tracks close by. We also heard a couple holding while we were there.

A Wolf cull of some sorts up here would be welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jc12 View Post
    Has there ever been a wolf cull that did work??
    When it is done right, it WORKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dannybuoy View Post
    You are east Kootenays?
    Correct............ (sorry, needed more characters to post a reply)