Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wolf Cull

Wolf Cull

With Pacific Wild getting 500,000 signatures to end the wolf cull, hopefully everyone has completed the below survey to ensure the wolf full does not end.

https://engage.gov.bc.ca/caribou/feedback-form/

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Wolf Cull

Has there ever been a wolf cull that did work??

Quote Originally Posted by Jc12 View Post
    Well, considering they reintroduced them into Yellowstone in 1995, I’d say yes.
    In order for them to be ‘re-introduced’ they had to first be extirpated…
    If it cant be done with one shot, it shouldn't be done.

"grab large claw hammer - put against butt cheek , pry head out of ass with claws...then go back to school..."

Yeah ….there has.
    Don’t buy into the BS being peddled that ungulates are crashing strictly due to habitat.
    Habitat, human encroachment and all the rest are contributing factors.
    The top heavy predator load has tipped the scale.
    Wolves are only one species that we have too many of.

Wolf cull worked much better when they were disliked by all, poisoned, run with hounds, as well as the airial gunning trapping, and hunting.

I also think there were many more people after them 100 years ago. Homesteaders,ranchers,government. It was still the wild west lol

Today you have limited hunters, trappers, and sometimes gov hired contractors.

^exactly.

When you see a lot of grizzly sign and no moose sign it is an easy conclusion to reach.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Where I hunt, we used to see wolf tracks every where we went and even shot the odd one. Moose where there and we killed bulls, but sometimes the howling out called the moose.

Because it is in a wolf cull area, we now rarely see the tracks, have not heard much for howling, moose numbers have increased some, caribou are increasing and we are now seeing deer. But the grizz sightings are increasing and there is more yotes (lots more).

I am for a moderate cull that keeps numbers in check. With the Caribou recovery plan a main focus for both Governments, the FN pushing for more caribou and the maternal penning program working, Raincoast will have a hard time getting it closed, even with 499,999 out of province and probably out of country signatures.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Already done thanks for posting...

Thumbs up Re: Wolf Cull

Quote Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce View Post
    .... With the Caribou recovery plan a main focus for both Governments, the FN pushing for more caribou and the maternal penning program working, Raincoast will have a hard time getting it closed, even with 499,999 out of province and probably out of country signatures.
    Here's Hoping!

Filled out the survey a fair long time ago now. Hope they're listening...

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

I would say, we cull every year. When I have wolves show up on trail cameras, or when we are hunting and we identify wolves in the area, we communicate the numbers to the trappers, and each year they take a majority of them out. Not all. We support balance, but from 12 to 4 one year, from 7 to 2 one year. This year, looks like we're after about 4 wolves to maintain balance.