Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hunting Superstitions

Re: Hunting Superstitions

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    I have a "lucky hat" I like to wear when I hunt....
    we never talk about success until it happens...no "over confidence" ahead of time allowed
    x2 on the lucky hat. now where did I put that thing.

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

If you piss/poop into Water, bad things will happen !

Cheers

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !

I saw Janis Putellis had one on an episode of Meat Eater. He harvested a nice Mule deer 4 point, and when he got up to it, he put some grass in the bucks mouth to help give him one last feed for his journey to the other side. Thought that was pretty cool.

I have never gotten a big game animal without having an unopened bottle of fireball with me on the trip.

No bottle? No animals. An opened one? Trip is ruined.

I open it for successes only.

I work in the wine and spirits industry and used to manage Fireball. seems like I missed out. Still going to stick with my Lagavulin.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeman20 View Post
    I have never gotten a big game animal without having an unopened bottle of fireball with me on the trip.

No bottle? No animals. An opened one? Trip is ruined.

I open it for successes only.

This is not a brag in the slightest but I've only ever punched a tag in the last 6 years if my wife and I have d"done the dirty" the night before. I started noticing the trend after my muley on year 2 and it's been consistent ever since.

It has a downside however, it's gotten to the point where I have zero confidence in hunting when we haven't "knocked boots" the night before. I always tell her that she's my good luck charm and if she wants me to bring home some meat, she's gotta take mine

Quote Originally Posted by andrew5 View Post
    I work in the wine and spirits industry and used to manage Fireball. seems like I missed out. Still going to stick with my Lagavulin.
    I don't think you're missing out at all, it's not the greatest I know, but I can't just change the superstition!

Petros65 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Timbow View Post
    Don’t pass up the first legal game animal you are hunting. It works for my brother.

Yes !!! never pass up the first animal.

Petros65 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JG75 View Post
    Wish I read this last week. Passed up on a decent sized 2 pt Muley. Walked right in front of me at 130 yds, had him in the crosshairs but let him walk. I'll probably be regretting that come November

I once made that mistake --- only once. The way I look at it the hunting gods give you a far chance. Don't miss it.

We bring a "kill" bottle on our trips, something special like 18 yo Gibsons and the top gets spun off on the first kill.

I have two superstitions

- I bring my old dogs collar with me as she was my hunting buddy for 10 years. When checking cameras, it is outside the pack, the dog tags clinking together. When hunting season, it goes inside but is always with me
    - I always have a mini bottle of scotch in the pack to toast the animal gods on site after the kill.

some interesting superstitions!!

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!