Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hunting Superstitions

Re: Hunting Superstitions

yes different strokes for sure.....on wild meat while hunting, I try to make an effort to return some of the game we get in an area to the soil when we go back if we can...heheheh

Quote Originally Posted by Timbow View Post
    Don’t pass up the first legal game animal you are hunting. It works for my brother.
    Wish I read this last week. Passed up on a decent sized 2 pt Muley. Walked right in front of me at 130 yds, had him in the crosshairs but let him walk. I'll probably be regretting that come November

I always try to get laid the day before we go, doesn't always work out but I tell her it's for a good cause. Start off lucky!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

it doesn't work if you whisper it. you need to put some enthusiasm behind it. honestly it's worked more times than random chance would suggest.

here is the source of "come onnnnn Tina!": haven't watched it in a while. hilarious. Need to see a hunting edition: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv_GKZbPzoc

Quote Originally Posted by warnniklz View Post
    Think I'll be stealing the Tina line

Never pass up on a legal animal when you need meat. Bad juju to turn down what Mother Earth provides you.
    If it cant be done with one shot, it shouldn't be done.

"grab large claw hammer - put against butt cheek , pry head out of ass with claws...then go back to school..."

Don’t pass up the first legal game animal you are hunting. It works for my brother.
    Yes I made that mistake big time on a back pack mountain Caribou LEH hunt 4 years ago. Bought a few thousand dollars of new gear, a new lightweight rifle and rained all summer. First morning we hiked an hour and a half up to the top of the mountain from our camp spot and when finding the "photo landmark" that confirmed we were in the right spot, we stopped for a few photos. Walked no more than 400 yards and look up to see two bulls and a cow coming our way from about 1000 yards. They turned and grazed broadside at about 300 yards for a good 20 minutes or so. One was a fine legal bull but I decided I didn't want it to end after 10 minutes of actual hunting following all of the preparation, so he walked out of my life forever. Hunted another 6 days without seeing another legal bull. I think I pissed off the hunting gods

I too made the mistake of not taking the first legal animal. I arrived at our camp a full day before my buddy was going to arrive. I set up camp and went for a quick quad ride to check road conditions. About 200 yards from camp I saw a big 4 point muley about 60 yards away just standing there. The buck was not interested in me or concerned, so I watched and took pictures of him for 15 min. My buddy and I had 10 days to hunt and I thought I'd have ample time to find a buck once we actually started hunting (we generally did well there). 10 days later, after hunting hard, I went home empty handed and quite frustrated at my decision not to shoot the one I saw. I won't make that mistake again.
    Fishing is the similar, take the first, then start releasing.
    My hunting partner and I always say good luck to each other after our last sip of our morning coffee. That's the most superstitious thing I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Livewire322 View Post
    Never pass up on a legal animal when you need meat. Bad juju to turn down what Mother Earth provides you.
    As “they” say, “never pass up on the first day what you would be happy to take on the last day”.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew5 View Post
    it doesn't work if you whisper it. you need to put some enthusiasm behind it. honestly it's worked more times than random chance would suggest.

here is the source of "come onnnnn Tina!": haven't watched it in a while. hilarious. Need to see a hunting edition: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv_GKZbPzoc
    Watched it on my bird hunting trip last two weeks of sept. Had an epic trip, and stayed a lot of birds. Mmmm... Caserole!
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by warnniklz View Post
    I don't pack wild game in my lunch. Taking wild game into the field to get more wild game is greedy and the hunting gods look down on me for it.

Big Buck Dip, Copenhagen usage starts during fall hunting season. Put a big dip in to lure out the big bucks.

Blast some Steel Panther while spring bear hunting.

Do a verbal dating profile while reeling in trout.
    Funny how I'm actually the opposite....I always take a week long or so trip in September for hunting, and I always make sure I take a least one pack of wild game with me, a pack of ground or steaks usually...just my ritual, and this past September maybe it was good luck...whenever I harvest an animal, I always thank God, and bless the animals spirit and thank the animal for its meat and sustenance, so I feel the meat is 'blessed'....