Thread: Male Seeking Whitetail For a Casual/Good Time

Male Seeking Whitetail For a Casual/Good Time

Hey everyone!

I just moved to Nelson and have no idea where to begin. I am just looking for some general direction as to where you would begin your search for Whitetail and Mule Deer within Region 4 in November? Any advice or is appreciated. Also if there are any locals looking to gain a tag along let me know!

Thanks!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Male Seeking Whitetail For a Casual/Good Time

I don’t have specific info on Nelson, but I would just have a look at a map of the area, find some FSRs, look at those areas on Google Earth or similar and pick a few spots that look ok and then go for a drive. If you have the iHunter app, and the public land layer you will know where you can hunt in those areas. (From your Coquitlam watershed posts, I would guess you have this?)

Someone might throw more details at you, but if you’re new to the area, driving around for a couple of weekends is a good way to figure out where you like it and where you don’t.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

^what he said, 100%.

If I find an area myself I feel I can share it or talk about it. If someone introduces me to an area I feel I'm sworn to silence forever.

Besides, driving around exploring new areas is one of the best things about hunting.

Good luck!
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Any areas that border farm lands, along escarpments where day time and night time feeding/bedding areas are. Drive around and look for does, usually in November, bucks will be near. Exploring is as fun as hunting IMO! I suffer from "around the next bend-itis"!!! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"