Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oct.5, SNOWS

Re: Oct.5, SNOWS

Hey Silveragent, do you have Intel in whether they are coming down at Westham Island? Also, I wasn't aware that there were any legal shootings allowed for Snows in the inland parks . Been itching to go out and try for some Snows this season but not sure if they're back yet.

I was joking about the parks but you will see them like a carpet in inland farms. They roost out in the bays - I heard also they are roosting out at Brunswick Pt in the bay but I haven't been out there yet - In the morning they leave the roost come in the feed which is why everyone is skyblasting them as they transit the foreshores; and at the end of the day they return and you can hit them in the night flight. I haven't heard about Westham yet but if they are in BB and Brunswick it stands to reason they wouldn't miss Westham.

All I really know is the two days I've spent so far at BB.

Just this pass weekend during the atmospheric river weather event, I decided to take a drive past the Davis Bay beach on the Sunshine Coast for a bit of storm watching and much to my delight there about 100 yds. out there were somewhere between 30-40 snows flying south trying to buck the wind and about 200-300 yd. north of them there was another 30-40 doing the same thing. By the time I got turned around and got my bino's out they had landed about 100yds south of Chapman Creek, I guess to weather out the storm and rest up. That was Sat. Most of the day Sun. and the wind had gone down, there was flock after flock of Canada's flying over, to me they mostly looked like Greaters. Nice to see.

On Saturday I got one snowie .. they didn't like our setup for some reason ... anyway they are in the thousands hopping farms north of the east end of Boundary Bay close to White Rock.

from October 27 snows in the morning for the lab roosters in the afternoon for the GSP

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    from October 27 snows in the morning for the lab roosters in the afternoon for the GSP
    Beautiful dogs!! I'm sure they love getting out to work!
    One day I want to get in with the Rod & Gun club on Westham...one can dream lol

great pic had to post watching sunrise waiting for the first fusillade

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Great photo!!!
    "Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donel fat"