Thread: Who’s pumped for the any bull moose GOS

Who’s pumped for the any bull moose GOS

Well as a solo hunter, I stand about a snowballs chance in hell of getting a LEH to hunt September.
    I’m still debating a 2-3 day drive to hunt next September, Near the extreme top end of the province, no antler restrictions does make that appealing.
    so as sad as many of you do feel about zone 6, I dont find it the gong show many of you speak of.
    Im real pumped for October 17th to roll around and I’ll head up, get to camp sometime Monday mid day, spend a day setting up my holiday inn. And hop on the canoe opening day and hopefully fill a tag.

good luck if your hunting the GOS

Leveraction.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Who’s pumped for the any bull moose GOS

Have a friend just goy back from dease lake. Four bulls taken in 5 days in their camp. My friends was a nice 55incher

I just got back from 6-17, any bull GOS. Zero sign, zero shots fired. Our third year in this area and by far the least encouraging. A fair bit of grizzly sign, but no other indication of where the moose went.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Will be in 6-06 on Oct 17 , short drive for me from PG , best of luck and just a heads up if you are on an ATV wear a helmet I have heard from quite a few locals the the CO in the area has been handing out no helmet fines so just a heads up and I am sure he will be in the area for the GOS as he usually is .

Quote Originally Posted by Leveraction View Post
    Well as a solo hunter, I stand about a snowballs chance in hell of getting a LEH to hunt September.
    I’m still debating a 2-3 day drive to hunt next September, Near the extreme top end of the province, no antler restrictions does make that appealing.
    so as sad as many of you do feel about zone 6, I dont find it the gong show many of you speak of.
    Im real pumped for October 17th to roll around and I’ll head up, get to camp sometime Monday mid day, spend a day setting up my holiday inn. And hop on the canoe opening day and hopefully fill a tag.

good luck if your hunting the GOS

Leveraction.

well that is definitely discouraging.
    Full grown grizzly will eat a calf moose per week.
    many zones being hard hit.

Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post
    I just got back from 6-17, any bull GOS. Zero sign, zero shots fired. Our third year in this area and by far the least encouraging. A fair bit of grizzly sign, but no other indication of where the moose went.

hey Machinist,

thanks for the heads up.
    I don’t ATV hunt, but rather choose a quieter method to access bush, and that is a canoe.
    I love the slow solitude of just paddling down a lake shore.
    For the CO, I met one in 2018 heading out of the bush fully loaded with a big bull, he did go over my clipped tag, encased locked off rifle, spent a good 30 minutes checking me out.

checked one of the hind quarters for evidence of sex, look at all the other quarters and 2 game bags of just meat.
    wished me well and said congrats,
    If I remember correctly his name was Randy Small.
    I took it as him just doing his job.

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Machinist View Post
    Will be in 6-06 on Oct 17 , short drive for me from PG , best of luck and just a heads up if you are on an ATV wear a helmet I have heard from quite a few locals the the CO in the area has been handing out no helmet fines so just a heads up and I am sure he will be in the area for the GOS as he usually is .

Saw a good number of moose racks comin down through the pine pass today on hunters trucks headin home!

I bet you did,
    that sight ( moose racks on a truck )always pumps me up