Thread: Modestly priced neoprene waders?

Modestly priced neoprene waders?

Not wanting to say “cheap”, but I’m looking to spend as little as possible to get a set of wades suitable for duck hunting the Ladner area. I have a lot of money invested in my fishing waders, so not looking to ruin them in the marsh. I may just try some of the Ukrainian Tire cheapos, but if someone has a suggestion for $150 or so boot foot waders that lasted more than a few days, I’d love to hear about them.

Thanks!

I’d consider non-neoprene as well if you have a good option...
    Last edited by Redthies; 10-04-2021 at 08:18 AM.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Modestly priced neoprene waders?

I got mine at Crappy Tire, they were less than 150 if I recall. They’re a bit bulky but warm and do the trick. I’ve used them maybe six to eight times so far and no leaks yet

I have a couple years on the Cambodian tire ones, no problems yet. Heavy though.

Canadian Tire, Walmart
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

The cheap neoprenes if it lasts you two seasons you are laughing. With the cheapest Cabelas ones I found they last 2-3 years at the most. You get what you pay for. I would advise you to get the thinner ones if you are going to do a lot of walking in them (especially to Robert's Bank) and then layer underneath when it gets cold. I found the thicker ones are nice to sit in if you are in the muck for long periods in Nov-Dec but you pay for it in terms of the sweat chilling on you.

If you are doing Boundary Bay there is no need for anything but boots, pants and a good seat. You won't get into any water requiring waders.

Quote Originally Posted by silveragent View Post
    The cheap neoprenes if it lasts you two seasons you are laughing. With the cheapest Cabelas ones I found they last 2-3 years at the most.

If you are doing Boundary Bay there is no need for anything but boots, pants and a good seat. You won't get into any water requiring waders.
    Thats about what I expected for lifespan. I usually just tape my rain pants to my boot tops (tall Muck boots) and have done quick retrieves out to nut depth without soaking through. I’m just looking for better options as I have had that system fail and soak my feet after a couple of retrieves. I will likely just look at the PVC ones and layer up. The boot is likey the coldest part of the water, and unless you buy stocking foot neoprene, or spend large, they are all probably shitty boots. I definitely have no delusions about long distance hikes in them.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Not neoprene but I ordered these and had to wear them the whole time we were moose hunting this year and they are great. Both my hunting partners purchased as well and no complaints
    https://www.amazon.ca/Bassdash-Breat...waders&sr=8-15
    WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member
    CCFR Member

I would surely recommend the cambodian tire .