Thread: Barriere (kamloops) area - any updates?

Hybrid View

Barriere (kamloops) area - any updates?

Hi all,

We are nearing our 7 day hunt which is in the Barriere area. Just west of hwy 5 .. between bonaparte provincial park and Barriere.

I know Bonaparte provincial park is closed due to the fire damage - but can anyone comment on the condition of the woods to the east closer to hwy 5?

We get close to fishtrap mountain etc.. It was left unburned but just hoping for some insight as to whether this land should be "left alone" or if its in decent shape and worth the trip. It is approx 8km east of the edge of the fire.

Thanks so much - quite the distance for us to travel so any info is appreciated.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Barriere (kamloops) area - any updates?

Expect a LOT of pipeline traffic east of the river.

Jc12 if i understand your post correctly it seems your group hunts in 3-28 close to the eastern boundary. The wildfire service has a large closed area of 3-28 that doesn’t open for access until Oct. 15th. There is however a strip of 3-28 from Kamloops to Barriere on the east side of the MU that is open now.

Maybe check out on the Wildfires site for the Sparks Lk wildfire exclusion zone map.

Thanks for the info 4 point. Looked up the closure map and assuming its still in effect it encompasses that entire area.

We will plan for another spot.

Really struggling to navigate the govt exclusion zones online..

My zone in 8-9 was closed in non burnt areas due to Nkmip Fire. My camp spot burned. It was sad to see.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

from what i heard the closure hasnt stoped any body from hunting 3-28 they said screw it lots of hunters in 3-28

Was up in the northern Shuswap, was really busy with hunters with any buck season.
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

drove from barriere to the ferry crossing and back last day before any buck on the west side...saw 20 deer ...2 were small bucks...pipeline workers everywhere so we decided to move on elsewhere

Anyone been up around the Dixon Lakes area?
    Statement of honour bestowed upon me by Camp Cook:
    LOL that has to be one of the stup*dest mind numbing off in laa laa land comments I have ever read.
    Feb.13,2024

https://governmentofbc.maps.arcgis.c...2ee385abe2a41b

Fishtrap peak is out of the restriction but you are very very close to it. I personally wouldn't get that close to the area. Might be best to further north East
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the the most intelligent , it is the one most adaptable to change"