Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: how to get into placer/ flat top mountain

how to get into placer/ flat top mountain

hello out there im trying to find a way to get into the placer or flat top mountain ranges from highway 3.... has anyone ever been up into the apline up there? has anyone seen anything decent up there? does anyone know how to access this area from highway 3? any information would be appreciated.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: how to get into placer/ flat top mountain

1.2 km east of Eastgate, Paysayten FSR. Keep left after the 6th switchback. This takes you over to the Similkimin River. There is a crossing that takes you across and up the mountain. Road ends about 4 km short of Placer Lake.
    Codicil: I cannot tell you what the road or crossing condition and you proceed at your own peril.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Attempted to go up placer. Truck forget it not in this life time. Quad had a lot of trouble. A lot of scary moments and some steep parts would even attempt to turn around because you will roll. My uncle took his horses and again hard but made it. He said he won't do it again to risky. They did a lot of logging while back really messed the roads up. Deactivated parts, logs all over the place.

forget the paysayton river ,rd does not come close to placier,you can come in off the copper creek rd & start a long hike or come in from the ashanola side ,short hike into trapper lake ,and there is a good trail up the flat head all alpine country closed to motor vehicles

Wow...now this makes ME wanna go!

Ashnola road is closed at 39km for bridge replacement until the 29th......long walk from there

I drove right to the Placer Lake on Saturday, road is very rough from the parking area sign to lake but doable. Didn't see much for deer in that area, lots of clearcutting happening.

Make sure you check the hunting regs - NMV year round up top.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by GoatGuy View Post
    Make sure you check the hunting regs - NMV year round up top.
    Yes most all that area is NMV, one of the reasons I like the area,but lately alot of people breaking the rules,a little disheartening when you backpack into an area only to have an ATV pass you !
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    Yes most all that area is NMV, one of the reasons I like the area,but lately alot of people breaking the rules,a little disheartening when you backpack into an area only to have an ATV pass you !
    There were lots of quad tracks in that country this summer and a nice gutpile that had been rotting for a while as well.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela