Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Princeton deer hunting

Re: Thoughts on Princeton deer hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    I appreciate the feedback I understand “Princeton” Is huge and just like anywhere else you gotta prepare to get off the beaten path I’m very green to hunting up there still trying to figure out where to go
    a good area is behind the old tollbooth and there tons of roads back there and goes all the way to Tulameen if you want
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Totally worth it, It really a nice area .

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    It's only over hunted near the roads.

And beware, when people say "princeton" it could generally mean from tulameen to keremeos.

Don't be like me when I started hunting and think Princeton literally meant 2km out of town. Because in that case, yes, it's overhunted!
    Back in the day you could stay in Princeton at the Hotel, hunt the Cemetery in the morning and the Lettuce Bin behind Overwaitea in the evening and have a reasonable chance at a 4 point.........of course you could have your rifle in the rear window gun rack in your truck as well and it was ok !
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

South west reg 8 is a huge area lots of zones to hunt and has deer. Go off the road. In a week you should have no worries finding a buck hunt hard though. They need to be hunted for sure. Personally I’d park somewhere and hike for a day and spend the week on the bush in some mountains

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    Back in the day you could stay in Princeton at the Hotel, hunt the Cemetery in the morning and the Lettuce Bin behind Overwaitea in the evening and have a reasonable chance at a 4 point.........of course you could have your rifle in the rear window gun rack in your truck as well and it was ok !
    Now the best places to get a buck are by the RCMP Station and the Chevron.

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    I love all stories that begin with "back in the day"

I realize I'm getting old when I come up with my own back in the day stories

Back in my day, you could to the vedder river on a work day in middle of February look up river then downriver and see maybe 1 other guy, but more likely no one.

Nowadays you go there on a Wednesday in February and might as well be a f$#$kn Saturday in October.

It's ridiculous. I can only imagine how the old timers feel about their hunting spots. Way less animals. Way more people. (Now)

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Back in my day, you could to the vedder river on a work day in middle of February look up river then downriver and see maybe 1 other guy, but more likely no one.

Nowadays you go there on a Wednesday in February and might as well be a f$#$kn Saturday in October.

It's ridiculous. I can only imagine how the old timers feel about their hunting spots. Way less animals. Way more people. (Now)
    lol yup back in the day……….

A little busier now a days alright but you just walk to the next hill or hunt week days and it removes alot of pressure
    BC has a lot of places to hunt especially if you don’t mind walking

Now back in the day…….the first time I went Steelhead fishing on the Vedder it was with Ken (BOD on HBC) and another fella named Gary, by the end of the day I had caught 16 fish and released everyone of them, have to thank Ken for his guidance and patience with me.

I had a lot of great days fishing on the Vedder but none that good since.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

No deer in princeton try kamloops the locals will take you right there and never bash lml or island people comming to "take their deer"

I thought hunter registration #'s have been steadily going down over this years. Is this not the case?

yes it is worth it. get out there and shoot a buck! they are there
    My Video Camera = Panasonic HDC-SD90

My youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/markt308