Thread: Modern hunting technology

Modern hunting technology

Hmmm how things have changed over the years.have my moose hunting fly in crew that flew out of DEASE LAKE...VERY CROWDED BUSY FLOATPLANE BUISNESS.
    SO INREACH text last night..snowing and " cold " asking for weather update..low of -5 ..no precept in next 5 days..hmm only snowflakes up on secret squirrel lake are the ones in the Hillenburg..tents lol.
    Amazing technology..the lads are in a inflatable boat on a small isolated lake out of Dease lake and can stay in contact through sattalight communications..simply BUCK ROGER'S stuff.
    Srupp

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Modern hunting technology

I hear ya S
    Instead of yelling or hand signals, we used a pair of Inreach to plan a stock after a moose was spotted
    consider where that data traveled to get a message across 400 m. of open water
    Why use $40 2ways when a ?$400 million? satellite system will do it better
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

I’m not going to lie. I had to use mine to call a charter for my mom. She made 2 days of a hiking trip and couldn’t finish.

As far as the weather goes, they should’ve been prepared for that. That’s not cold for this time of year in northern bc. Around 0 with a lot of precipitation can get pretty miserable though. -5 and colder is far easier to manage.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Hmm yes the weather is fine IMO ..slight snow tonight...
    Had to laugh..they woke up this morning with 2 piles of fresh moose shit 7 steps from their tents.lmao..they simply must stop gargling with buck expert before bed.
    Inreach or Spot or ? Simply amazing technology.
    SSS shared his wonderful experiences 30 years ago...I'm certain he couldn't even dream of today's technology..inreach..spot..range finders..rifle scopes with ranging turrets..etc etc
    Wonder what the next 30 years will bring..yes I've used Spot to communicate with Susan at home but even with hunting members 20 kilometers away at the other end of the valley.
    Srupp

Its good to see your still keeping in touch with Hunters even though your tired knees keep ou from being there. We used our Inreach plenty on our BC trip this year. For the $85 or whatever it was i could keep in touch with Loved ones and friends. I also got their weather report plus the one the inreach provides.

I think the latest gripe is the trailcams with built in wifi telling you when the Boss Buck is in front of the camera lens.

Not too worried about the trail cams, they may be an extension of ones vision but time and proximity are still a big factor
    imo the next tech to raise problems will be personal drones, in hunting as well as regular life
    Someone has been flying one in the neighbour hood, high level sight seeing seems okay, but on more than one occasion a drone has been
    down low geting a good look in yards and buildings, one guy had a drone fly into his shop.
    Its only time til someone takes advantage in a hunting scenario
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

My wife is considerably reassured now that I have my Garmin Inreach Explorer when I send her daily "I'm okay" reports on my solo adventures as well as knowing that I have the emergency SOS option available in the event of a a serious accident or other misadventure.

Used my inreach this morning to check on our buddy! Moose down !
    Member of CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Its only time til someone takes advantage in a hunting scenario
    Drones
    Already happening up Boundary Creek FSR in 8-14, when questioned they are "looking at logging blocks for next years harvest" while they are hunting in a Woodlot license. CO called, never heard anything after that.
    "Just ask anybody who packs a 338... the 30-06 will bounce off a grizzly!"

"I am not here to awaken sheep, I am here to awaken sleeping lions" Husky7mm