Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 100 Mile Canim Lake

100 Mile Canim Lake

Good Morning,

My friend has a Cabin near Canim lake. He called me last day and asked if I would go help him winterize it.. I figure since I have a few days off I might just pack the rifle and tags along... Hows the deer / bear hunting up out that way? not looking for honey holes etc but more just an idea of what areas to go explore.

Cheers,

Vince

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 100 Mile Canim Lake

Quote Originally Posted by blacksn95 View Post
    Good Morning,

My friend has a Cabin near Canim lake. He called me last day and asked if I would go help him winterize it.. I figure since I have a few days off I might just pack the rifle and tags along... Hows the deer / bear hunting up out that way? not looking for honey holes etc but more just an idea of what areas to go explore.

Cheers,

Vince

bear should be easy there, had my LEH in that neck of the woods last year and spent almost a month out in the bush, deer may be a tough go, in my entire time there I saw one 4pt and it came home with me and we were out sunrise to sunset everyday on foot a lot.

but the best part about hunting is “Anywhere, Anytime” for any animal.. you can’t have success if you aren’t out there !

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    bear should be easy there, had my LEH in that neck of the woods last year and spent almost a month out in the bush, deer may be a tough go, in my entire time there I saw one 4pt and it came home with me and we were out sunrise to sunset everyday on foot a lot.

but the best part about hunting is “Anywhere, Anytime” for any animal.. you can’t have success if you aren’t out there !
    True enough... was either sit at the cabin and drink beers and cleaning up the place after we winterize or go do some exploring.. I think I'll do the later

Be ready for a bear.
    PAPERS! Show me YOUR PAPERS!!

I don't think crotch is the stealthiest scent for deer hunting. (Surrey Boy)

so are you gonna stop spreading it on your nuts for your dog to lick off? (monasheemountainman)

You weren't there and you didn't get a moose hoof to the balls. (300rum700)

Quote Originally Posted by RugDoctor View Post
    Be ready for a bear.
    That would be neat to bag a bear!! its been 4 years of looking and the ones I see have been tiny or a huge boar with cubs..

Check with Wildcatter - he's LIVING there Now ! RJ

Go for a drive over the mountain. North towards Big Tim, east towards Clearwater, south towards Deka.

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Check with Wildcatter - he's LIVING there Now ! RJ
    I'm pretty new here, this year is my first hunting season and still don't know much about the area.
    Planning to go out in October and scout, hopefully find some good spots.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Quote Originally Posted by CranePete View Post
    Go for a drive over the mountain. North towards Big Tim, east towards Clearwater, south towards Deka.
    Will do.. Prob rip around and go for a hike once I check the area out on google maps!

Thanks for the replies everyone!! Went for a drive to all the places mentioned.. ended up Near Big Tim area and got a Bear and a 4X3... Some nice country out that way!