Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chetwynd Area Logging/Pipeline Traffic

Re: Chetwynd Area Logging/Pipeline Traffic

Quote Originally Posted by Downwindtracker2 View Post
    If they are moving a oil rig, stay off the roads, those are Albertans , and they think it's hilarious to run BCers off FSR roads.
    Fairly ignorant comment. Actual fact if in bc they are probably from bc. They are bigger and heavier and not going to move regardless of how entitled you are

Quote Originally Posted by S.W.A.T. View Post
    Fairly ignorant comment. Actual fact if in bc they are probably from bc. They are bigger and heavier and not going to move regardless of how entitled you are
    I’ll disagree. Every single gas truck, rig or otherwise I Saw around there had alberta plates.

doesn’t make the original comment true though. Everyone we came across shared the road

In 50 years of driving logging roads in BC, never a problem until we were south of Tumbler Ridge. Three times driven off a BC FSR, this was NOT an oil patch road. I know who are ignorant, certainly not loggers.

In 50 years of driving logging roads in BC, never a problem until we were south of Tumbler Ridge. Three times driven off a BC FSR, this was NOT an oil patch road. I know who are ignorant, certainly not loggers.
    Guess I’d just let them drive into me, I’m sure they have good insurance and a dash cam is invaluable.

I've found logging truck drivers to be both careful and courteous . One of the members here pointed out in the Act that FSR rules are basically highway rules. Of course on private industrial roads, company rules apply. I would avoid them when they are rig moving, but if you must travel that road, your partner hanging out the window with his rifle might help. Then St.Peter can decide who was in the wrong. BTW, that was the only time I found a radio to be necessary.

If they are moving a oil rig, stay off the roads, those are Albertans , and they think it's hilarious to run BCers off FSR roads.
    That's hilarious. Might be surprised that the rig moving trucks could of come out of ft st john, but ya they all like to take their share of the road, not to be greedy but it's alot easier to pull your pickup out of the rhubarb then that tractor trailer with a load on. Funny thing I've never been run off the road during a rig move or a log haul and I'm curious about you experience?

Get real......