Thread: 3-16 B access

3-16 B access

Hi everyone,

Just curious of access into 3-16 as it is my understanding that texas is shut down. Last time we where able to do a scouting trip as we are from the island but this year that was not in the books as sometimes life gets in the way. I've done my best for research but it seems access is somewhat restriceted with bridges removed or over grown roads.
    Any info would be appreciated on any of the roads. Would like to get into Phair Creek but believe that will be a pure hike show.
    Is Gott still drivable?
    Boulder, Blowdown? cayoosh?

Thanks everyone any and all info is appreciated.
    Eric

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 3-16 B access

I can’t recall where the divider is for your section of the management unit. I’m assuming this is for goat. But if you drive the road toward Texas creek there has been goats on some of the properties closer to Texas. Stop by a homeowners place not the farm owners they aren’t friendly and ask if you can access the mountain from their property They were quite friendly when I was there 4 years ago.

Re: 3-16 B access

Boulder is deactivated you will have to park at bottom & hike in. Gott is over grown but you can drive a ways up. Blowdown not 100% sure but looks drivable