Thread: Posting up Videos?

Posting up Videos?

Hey Folks,
    Thought i would try to upload a vid or 2 of some elk from past season etc.
    (as it looks like HBC needs a kick in the ass for some actual hunting related enjoyment)

Anyways, i know folks use Youtube etc to upload videos and then paste link here on this forum.
    (And I have used Imgur for photos and works well enough)
    But, I was wondering, is there a more "direct way" to upload videos here??
    And if so, what are the limitations?
    (meaning file size or quality etc)

And, is there a link on hbc to do so or read up on it?
    Don't want to go thru Youtube etc, (i think i have in the past, but want a more direct way if it exists)

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Posting up Videos?

Youtube is probably the easiest..
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

No way to directly upload videos. Forum not set up to handle the bandwidth. Link is the only way & Youtube the only way to embed the link so it plays directly in your post.

For photo sharing I have a Microsoft One Drive account. You get 5gb free space which is plenty if you're careful to keep only the good stuff & clean house occasionally. Videos chew up that in no time so a Youtube account is the way to go. Google drive is another cloud service that gives you free space, more than One Drive but I can't seem to link any photos here any longer whereas One Drive works fine.

Last edited by mike31154; 09-26-2021 at 07:39 PM.

Okay, youtube it is than.
    Now i just got to remember my password and bs.