Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moose calling help

Re: Moose calling help

Hmm yes cow calls AS LOUD AS YOU CAN MANAGE..listen to a real cow moose..you simply can not match a 800 pound cows size and volume.
    Every 15 minutes BY YOUR WATCH..
    use a calling horn..reasonance..tone..volume..recomend KC Capling 22 INCH MOOSE MAGNUM
    tampons..aka universal scent dispersion unit..saturned with BUCK EXPERT SYNTHETIC MOOSE URINE..ACTUALLY HORSE Estrus URINE
    HANG TAMPON above head height in a opening football field size..hang under overhang of branch..so rain snow doesn't wash scent away.wind must be able to waft the fragrance in all directions.also up and down on thermals.
    Sethe up 100 yards from the tampon never approach the tampons after hung and loaded..
    Why tampons inexpensive..comes with a tie up string..soaks up lots of scent..and biodegradable.?
    Always buy new BUCK EXPERT every year..it degrades with opening/oxygen mixes
    Listen..bull can hear your calls from 5 kilometers every direction..
    Once you hear a bull respond..wait 10 15 seconds..REPLY.
    WHY cow calls? Bulls have settled their size matters with other bulls early in sept..it's breeding time!
    They are looking for females...SOUND LIKE ONE.
    One exception..if you SEE bull with several cows..THEN bull cow raking brush..= I'm bigger than you..I'm coming over to kick you ass and steall your cows !
    Too much more to type..any questions PM me with you ph # I will call and try to help.
    Cheers good luck
    Srupp
    Last edited by srupp; 09-25-2021 at 01:11 PM.

Listen to videos and practice. Ont versus northern BC moose call differently. Buy a birch call tube.
    Have fun.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Yep baiting isn’t illegal here.

I will def keep practicing thanks for everyone’s help!

Take the phone call with Steven….

It's still a bit early up here. I ran into a medium sized bull following a cow yesterday. I got within about 30 yards of his cow, grunting and thrashing but he had no interest in trying to defend her. I don't think she was in estrus just yet, but he was keeping a close eye on her. Should be any day now. Good luck