Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Pointers

Re: Pointers

Quote Originally Posted by jagen mit DDrs View Post
    Seems like you don't know enough about DD vs GWP to have a conversation about this.
    To try to educate somebody that trained and tested DDs in Canada,US and Germany about what is a DD,is pretty "ballsy".
    By the way,most Weims in this country are not Hunting dogs any more.To sift through the shit that is produced,just to get a decent hunting dog in the Weims compared to what is produced as a standard within the DD world is not comparable.

Anybody that sells GWPs as DDs is setting themselves up for lawsuit since the name. Deutsch Drahthaar,is a Trademark registered name under Vdd.e.V .
    Besides,he is starting out wrong to pump out pups by lying to the potential buyers of what the dogs are.

Rainer
    No, seems like I succeeded in winding you up Rainer. I am German, and very familiar with the difference in standards between North American and Deutschland when it comes to many things, dogs included. I’m just a bit over all the pretentious talk by trainers and hunters. Train your dog to the best of your ability, and then shut up and go get some birds!
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    No, seems like I succeeded in winding you up Rainer. !
    Yes,you succeeded!
    I'm sick of people using dogs as a moneyprinting machine.Seems like every breed that comes over here gets screwed over by individuals that have no business breeding dogs.

Rainer

I have had GW pointer and now have a Puddel pointer.I like both breeds as versatile hunters.The PP is awesome- my experience has been has been everything you read, and hear about them: calm inside house, hunting switch comes on outside, very smart( so was GW), will point, retrieve, mine loves duck hunting best,.I also take him deer hunting and he is very good at tracking scent.I find him more sensitive than my GW was-he doesn’t even like if I raise my voice…��. They do not shed, GW hairs do shed- if that matters. My GW was bit larger and stronger but was also a bit more hard headed when younger.They are both very robust in the field and are all-out hunters outside.Th biggest difference is how calm the PP is inside the house.Wife and kids love him.

Quote Originally Posted by jagen mit DDrs View Post
    Seems like you don't know enough about DD vs GWP to have a conversation about this.
    To try to educate somebody that trained and tested DDs in Canada,US and Germany about what is a DD,is pretty "ballsy".
    By the way,most Weims in this country are not Hunting dogs any more.To sift through the shit that is produced,just to get a decent hunting dog in the Weims compared to what is produced as a standard within the DD world is not comparable.

Anybody that sells GWPs as DDs is setting themselves up for lawsuit since the name. Deutsch Drahthaar,is a Trademark registered name under Vdd.e.V .
    Besides,he is starting out wrong to pump out pups by lying to the potential buyers of what the dogs are.

Rainer
    I wasn't lying of what my dogs are, in Europe you call drahthaar drahthaar whether dog is registered or not. Just because your dd dog isn't tested it doesn't turn him into german shepherd. I'm not denying the necessity of registration to preserve beed standard and produce quality I totally encourage registration and testing programs.
    In my case I have puppies that are born of dd parents so I called them DDs cause thats what I'd have done back home. Please don't call me a liar before you understand my opinion on the matter.
    Last edited by Shashlik; 09-01-2022 at 10:30 PM.

Yes.your sire and dam are Drahthaars but your pups,since they can not be registered as deutsch drahthaars are GWPs.
    I'm dealing with this on a regular basis,,,,people buy a dog thinking it is a DD but when they want to test in the VDD system are told that they bought a GWP.

You mentioned that you "encourage registration and testing"but why didn't you??
    Buying a quality dog and then watering down the breed for profit is not what I would call conscientous breeding.

Rainer