Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Looking for recommendations - headlamps

Re: Looking for recommendations - headlamps

fenix rechargeable as my main and a back up black diamond AAA

The Fennix HL60r uses rechargeable batteries that can be swapped out. They are bigger and more powerful than typical Li batteries. It recharges from a USB. Handy that you can charge it in the truck going from A to B.

Featuring a micro-USB port for go-anywhere charging, the Fenix HL60R Headlamp delivers a maximum output of 950 lumens, beam distance of up to 381ft, and a runtime of up to 100 hours from just one rechargeable 18650 Li-ion battery

I have black diamond. Have had several of them over the years.
    2 AA and always carry a spare set of batteries.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

The fénix hl60r looks awesome but looks like it has no red light ??

I looked into this topic last year.
    Ended up buying a SP40 Sofirn. No name Fenix headlamp. Same as this link off amazon. One of my better purchases.
    Then went to Olight, and purchased 2 extra high capacity batteries and case, and usb magnetic charger. I thing the total for light and extras was about $120. Have not looked back. No problems what so ever, and get amply light time, with 2 spares on the side. Easy to charge with any usb on the go, when you require it.

One of the other best purchases was to get one of those usb adapters for the cordless batteries. I use makita, so it was a makita to usb adapter. Nothing like carrying a few makita 5.0 Mah batteries with the usb adapter to get you through 1-2 weeks camping, and not having to use the vehicle battery for all you phone and lighting recharging needs.

https://www.amazon.ca/Sofirn-Recharg...23708681&psc=1

I got the fenix hm65r, I use it at work all the time as well as for hunting, I bought an extra battery which is handy for work as full brightness (1000 lumens) only lasts like 6 hours, for hunting I don't bring the second battery and have a little solar charger I use to top it up...if you hear a noise at night hunting 1000 lumens lights up the sky, there are no shadows 100s of feet out...strong aluminum case..

Theres no red light which I didn't ever use anyway... and in super hot weather the headlamp will overheat and dim down from full brightness, found this out working in a greenhouse one day..

Don't order from amazon, I did and it came with a cheap battery, not the fenix one that was supposed to come with it..it was either a previous return or a fake, I returned it and ordered from a more reputalble company..
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmm Fenix
    I have 2
    Fenix HL60R my favorite
    Fenix HP 13..
    SRUPP
    X1 best combo I have ever had

Why rechargeable? Because after I use it for a couple hours I hate to throw away a 75% set of batteries but when I start to process an animal at dusk I want 100% battery.

Probably the best option would be two sets of rechargeable batteries so you are guaranteed enough power to get through a night.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

I run Fenix 18650 headlamps.

Thumbs up Re: Looking for recommendations - headlamps

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmm Fenix
    I have 2
    Fenix HL60R my favorite
    Fenix HP 13..
    SRUPP
    Based on your advice I ordered one of the Fenix HL60R's.
    Arrived today. Looks & functions great.

Solid advice once again Buddy!

Many Thanks!
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me