Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for recommendations - headlamps

Re: Looking for recommendations - headlamps

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger In The Woods View Post
    I have Fenix HM65R Headlamp, and Fenix UC35 flashlight, the batteires are interchangeable and they both USB rechargeable, love it!
    This ^^^

I have been using Petzel for years but made the switch to Fenix and couldn't be happier. Aluminum frame is tough and light weight. Quality made for sure
    WSSBC
    CCFR

Hmm Fenix
    I have 2
    Fenix HL60R my favorite
    Fenix HP 13..
    SRUPP

Milwaukee rechargeable hardhat headlamp but don't use the clips- 3 light intensity levels thats it- not stupid flashing mode, red light, etc-1 button for light intensity and the other to turn on and off- no stupid the button 3-4 times to get it to the right setting or turn off. Its not a focused light as it spreads pretty far out to the side, but has enough lumens for me to see quite far ahead-enough for bushwacking.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations. What do you consider a minimum amount of lumens? I always would go higher the better but now I’m not sure that’s even the most important thing.

1000 lumens is tons. My fenix is the HL60r. It’s been amazing. I’ve had it for at least 6-7 years and it just keeps on going. Very well built!

I’ve had my petzl for about 5 years and I only use it for backpacking or hunting. I throw a new set of batteries in it before every trip.

They give us the pelican ones at work too. They work pretty good and if my petzl ever brakes down I’ll just start using those. They definitely don’t last as long as the petzl, but if they’re free I can afford to bring a brand new one every trip
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Costco for me too, but they aren't rechargeable.

I want a rechargeable one that fits on the brim of my ball cap that is bright as the sun. Still looking...
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Why do you guys want a rechargeable? I’d rather pack a spare set of batteries. Unless they charge off of a USB? Even then AAA is the way to go.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

AA lithiums have almost doubled in price within a year, rechargeable are looking more inviting
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    AA lithiums have almost doubled in price within a year, rechargeable are looking more inviting
    I don’t know. When I’ve been in the bush for ten days the last thing I want to do is worry about charging my headlamp. I don’t use lithium batteries, just the regular industrial ones and the headlamps last at least a week.