Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electric Ice Auger

Re: Electric Ice Auger

I have a 8" Ion for the last 4 years, And I just love it.

I use an 8 inch K-Drill auger. Works with a Milwaukee M-18 cordless drill. Really lightweight. Cuts through 2 feet of ice like butter. Bought mine from Cabela's
    Member of the CCFR, but not a "Violent Extremist"

Thanks for all the input.

I like the idea of an auger that attaches to one of my drills, but on the other hand I don't mind putting out a bit more coin on a dedicated ice auger.

I'll be fairly close to lakes at my place in Horsefly, so will only be day trips for me with likely no more than two or three holes drilled a day. I will to be able to recharge the battery(ies) overnight if I do two days of fishing in a row.

Tigrr says he will tell me all about his secret spots so I should be good....right??

I will have a look at the K-drill auger too though.

Cheers!

M.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggdon View Post
    I use an 8 inch K-Drill auger. Works with a Milwaukee M-18 cordless drill. Really lightweight. Cuts through 2 feet of ice like butter. Bought mine from Cabela's
    Can't find it on Cabela's??

I have run many an ice auger as a ice fishing guide and seen good bad and ugly. I have run my Milwaukwee M18 drill driver and 8'' K drill auger for 3 winters fishing 100 days year drillin lots of holes. I can do close to 50 holes through a foot of ice on one 5amp/h battery and it comes with two. Solid ice, rotten ice, -30c or above zero, it just works and its light and easily replaceable with a great warranty if you ever need it for both pieces.

Ion are good, they cost a lot and parts are hard to come by, strike master makes a electric but they are mostly plastic that gets brittle when its cold, gas augers dont like the cold and are not great to run in a tent, you can run a hand auger and use the canuckian tire adapter but sooner or later that will snap and your auger will go swimming so be prepared with a pool noodle floaty or a frisbee guard.