Quote Originally Posted by Drillbit View Post
Had a good talk with the MOF Invasive species boss today. I was tracked down and told to hurry up and report it (have 30 days from the date of kill). Thanks to whoever forwarded my info……was on here less than 24 hours….

I planned on heading back out this weekend to try and find more but apparently they don’t want them shot now. They’re going to try and trap them and don’t want them spooky.

Also learned some are diseased up and shouldn’t be ate. Then got the call from the butcher and the meats ready, but now I’m kind of not sure about it. It was a healthy looking pig and the meat was all good and clean, no stink, no worms. Should be ok?
I don't know who MOF Invasive species boss is, but I could not find any official notification that there is a curtailment on shooting feral pigs so him speaking to you personally does not make it apply to anyone else or you too for that matter.
Fat chance they will be able to trap the number of pigs you saw because what you saw maybe a small portion of the number that actually exist. Perhaps he and his buds have cheap pig on their minds and don't want the pigs spooky for their own intentions. And surely the butcher would be able to determine if your pig had disease. Looks like the heart of a pretty healthy pig to me.