Thread: Elk in Southern 8-12

Elk in Southern 8-12

I’m taking a handful of new hunters to osoyoos for a week in mid-October. We hunted the area between Conkle Lake and Westbridge and south to Johnstone creek park this spring. Deer everywhere, some moose and I even walked up on a cougar in the bush, something I’ve never had happen before. Ruined his stalk on a grouse, didn’t look too happy with me.

Anyways, my question is if we put a few whitetails down is it worth spending some time looking for elk in the general area? Or somewhere nearby that’s not Christian valley?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Elk in Southern 8-12

Elk up north fork in grand forks. Not too much further of a drive to get to GF.

I’ve been tipped off to a couple good spots around grand forks in previous years and we may take a drive out there as well.

but the resounding silence tells me what I need to know - worth taking my elk gear and looking around it sounds like

Full your boots , no shortage of Hunters .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    Full your boots , no shortage of Hunters .
    it was pleasantly quiet in the spring, but we aren’t truck hunters either and I’m sure the fall is a little wild