Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 47 of 47

Thread: The Kid, brings home the Bacon

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    49.2 kms from 10U 687884E 5617178N
    Posts
    8,492

    Re: The Kid, brings home the Bacon

    Quote Originally Posted by Drillbit View Post
    Had a good talk with the MOF Invasive species boss today. I was tracked down and told to hurry up and report it (have 30 days from the date of kill). Thanks to whoever forwarded my info……was on here less than 24 hours….

    I planned on heading back out this weekend to try and find more but apparently they don’t want them shot now. They’re going to try and trap them and don’t want them spooky.

    Also learned some are diseased up and shouldn’t be ate. Then got the call from the butcher and the meats ready, but now I’m kind of not sure about it. It was a healthy looking pig and the meat was all good and clean, no stink, no worms. Should be ok?
    I don't know who MOF Invasive species boss is, but I could not find any official notification that there is a curtailment on shooting feral pigs so him speaking to you personally does not make it apply to anyone else or you too for that matter.
    Fat chance they will be able to trap the number of pigs you saw because what you saw maybe a small portion of the number that actually exist. Perhaps he and his buds have cheap pig on their minds and don't want the pigs spooky for their own intentions. And surely the butcher would be able to determine if your pig had disease. Looks like the heart of a pretty healthy pig to me.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    kamloops
    Posts
    3,330

    Re: The Kid, brings home the Bacon

    Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    I don't know who MOF Invasive species boss is, but I could not find any official notification that there is a curtailment on shooting feral pigs so him speaking to you personally does not make it apply to anyone else or you too for that matter.
    Fat chance they will be able to trap the number of pigs you saw because what you saw maybe a small portion of the number that actually exist. Perhaps he and his buds have cheap pig on their minds and don't want the pigs spooky for their own intentions. And surely the butcher would be able to determine if your pig had disease. Looks like the heart of a pretty healthy pig to me.
    Its a great prank!! Thats the halter at the truck...

    But i am enjoying watching this.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,001

    Re: The Kid, brings home the Bacon

    Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    Its a great prank!! Thats the halter at the truck...

    But i am enjoying watching this.
    Haha, no, not a prank. Those are tie straps to load it up with. It was hard lifting that thing into a truck with just 2 kids for help and no antlers to grab onto. Had to put a strap around its body and one around it's neck because the neck one wouldn't stay on with the shape of the neck and head.


    Picture editing has been taken care of as well. Thanks!
    Last edited by Drillbit; 09-15-2021 at 11:09 AM.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    6-8
    Posts
    1,182

    Re: The Kid, brings home the Bacon

    Quote Originally Posted by Drillbit View Post
    Had a good talk with the MOF Invasive species boss today. I was tracked down and told to hurry up and report it (have 30 days from the date of kill). Thanks to whoever forwarded my info……was on here less than 24 hours….

    I planned on heading back out this weekend to try and find more but apparently they don’t want them shot now. They’re going to try and trap them and don’t want them spooky.

    Also learned some are diseased up and shouldn’t be ate. Then got the call from the butcher and the meats ready, but now I’m kind of not sure about it. It was a healthy looking pig and the meat was all good and clean, no stink, no worms. Should be ok?
    Meat should be fine. Animals typically only develop diseases when locked in barns. Trick is almost non existing in Canadian pigs unless it's been feeding on meat same goes for worms.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8,966

    Re: The Kid, brings home the Bacon

    Cool cool cool!! great shooting by the young gun!! Nice rifle he has there too!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Region 2
    Posts
    1,242

    Re: The Kid, brings home the Bacon

    With the latest update (that I can find) June, 2020, it clearly says that hunting wild pigs us perfectly legal but that BC does not actively encourage it because it results in fracturing the population. Further, I don't see any great concern over diseases for humans but they can potentially destroy domestic pork production.

    Congratulations, and enjoy the pork.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    central saanich
    Posts
    677

    Re: The Kid, brings home the Bacon

    has anyone else run into some wild hogs?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •