Thread: Just throwing it out there from a newbie

Just throwing it out there from a newbie

I would like to see if anyone is up for mentoring a newbie I have some experience as I grew up hunting and fishing as a kid and shot my first blacktail last year. I have all my own gear and an atv plus my own prospective spots. but I lack the mentoring as my old man has copd and cannot hike the hillside anymore. I hunt region 2-18 if anyone is interested please let me know as I am eager to fine tune my skills.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Just throwing it out there from a newbie

I understand if people are not interested as not all hunters are alike can tell you a little about myself if it helps.

I'm 37 years old I have a wife and two kids so I'm not completely wet behind the ears if you know what I mean I'm in good enough shape in order to be able to pack a deer out off the hillside. I know the work begins after you got your game. I know how to navigate through the bush with ease and I'm an hd mechanic so know how to pretty much fix anything out in the bush so not to blow my own horn I think I would be pretty good partner. Oh and I almost forgot I'm not a trophy hunter witch I think is the most important part I will pass on the young ones but my end game is meat in the freezer for my family and me.

I hope this helps cause I understand nobody wants a dumb a$$ with them that may potentially shoot them or something stupid like that.

hey Im located on the north shore. new to hunting and shooting. if you were every looking for someone to join you on a day shooting clays or target practice. let me know, thanks
    Stuart

Good on you for reaching out to the community Cboyd. If you were closer I’d have no issue taking you out for a day or two to pass on the little wisdom I have in regards to hunting. As I get older I hold a lot more value in taking new hunters out than I ever did when I was younger. I got my 15 year old nephew into his first bull moose this year and it was an amazing feeling…

Good luck and straight shooting.

Have you found good information, or a mentor? The learning curve is far smaller than it used to be years ago.
    WSSBC
    BCWF
    CCFR
    BHA

maybe a re post that isn't so close to hunting season might be more successful...I wish I had more opportunity to get out and take someone along...good luck on your quest..

I wouldlike to just throw a thanks out there to everyone who has responded. Still working on finding a mentor but did some mentoring myself for a couple newbies and managed to find a nice three point about fourty yards away hiking the timber but not a shooter unfortunately, maybe next time hope one day I can find someone willing to fine tune my skills until then I'll keep my stick on the ice.

Hey
    Hows it going?Hope you've learned lots and been successful.My name is Jay and I'm new to hunting and looking to meet someone to do some day or overnight trips and learn some things.Ive been on 1 hunting trip and got a Mule.I had a few trips planned with 2 different friends this year and both of them got into accidents and both will not be hunting this year due to surgeries.I'm new to this site and I've had a few problems but I hope I got them sorted.
    Thx

So who here still is looking for a hunting partner, I noticed the posts above are old. I'm in Squamish but like region3 and 5. Wouldn't mind exploring 8. Pm me if you want to meet up for a day hunt or overnighter for spring bear. No Jekyll and hide drinkers please

Ha Ha Ha. LOL ! That’s a great description of that problem . I have seen some pretty ugly situations !
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
    So who here still is looking for a hunting partner, I noticed the posts above are old. I'm in Squamish but like region3 and 5. Wouldn't mind exploring 8. Pm me if you want to meet up for a day hunt or overnighter for spring bear. No Jekyll and hide drinkers please
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !