Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tunkwa area

Tunkwa area

Has anybody been in this area lately? So is it total scorched earth or was the fire in pockets?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Tunkwa area

Quote Originally Posted by Cdog View Post
    Has anybody been in this area lately? So is it total scorched earth or was the fire in pockets?
    It’s a terrible place to hunt and fish, so unless you’re just going camping I wouldn’t consider the area even if it wasn’t burnt.

Lots of scorched earth from chartrand road to tunkwa The area is closed to hunting and back road travel.

There is a youtube video of a fellow from Kammy who flies all over those areas, Tunkwa, Westwald, Sparks Lake etc,
    and shows an aerial view of many of the areas.
    Some areas the fire just "hopped" along, and other areas got pretty scorched as far as the eye could see.
    Think Tunkwa was pretty well burnt all around it.

I was there on the weekend. It's a disaster. From Logan lake to the resort is burned. Everything the other way as well to above Indian Gardens. There are pockets of green here and there and lots of meadows survived but its pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    It’s a terrible place to hunt and fish, so unless you’re just going camping I wouldn’t consider the area even if it wasn’t burnt.
    Are u kidding ryo? I been there last 5 years and every year we nailed at least 2deer ..it just need some work and knowledge about area ..fishing seems to be ok..lucily cabins didn,t burnt..we always rent big log cabin,,with 5 people,(sleeps 10)..see ya there...f..g btw..duck hunting is good there too..

Quote Originally Posted by finngun View Post
    Are u kidding ryo? I been there last 5 years and every year we nailed at least 2deer ..it just need some work and knowledge about area ..fishing seems to be ok..lucily cabins didn,t burnt..we always rent big log cabin,,with 5 people,(sleeps 10)..see ya there...f..g btw..duck hunting is good there too..
    I suspect he considers it terrible cause there's too damn many people. Driving to work last year on opening morning or any buck greenstone and tunkwa looked like parade routes there were so many tail lights.

Did the Tunkwa Resort and cabins burn?
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

The guys that I know who have success there, use the hunting pressure to their advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by huntcoop View Post
    Did the Tunkwa Resort and cabins burn?
    Nope lucily brave people there fight against a fire..saved i guess all cabins.. kudos for that..f..g