Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jackfish Lake

Jackfish Lake

Anyone with real life hunting [elk/moose] around Jackfish Lake?

Curious if it's a gong show of hunters? Share some experiences?

Rolled into Stewart lk up there once and had to leave as it was a mad house.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Jackfish Lake

Gong show is an understatement.

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    Anyone with real life hunting [elk/moose] around Jackfish Lake?

Curious if it's a gong show of hunters? Share some experiences?

Rolled into Stewart lk up there once and had to leave as it was a mad house.
    Funny you should ask that! The last 2 years it has been crazy up there! Had one camp of LMLer's that totalled 12 hunters. There was another camp that rolled in as we were leaving that was going to be 15 hunters! Most hunters I have ever seen up there since Covid hit! Nice thing is they have ALL the seismic trails cleared out. Bad thing is they have ALL the seismic trails cleared out!!! It is a gong show till October 1st, when the moose rut closure starts for rifles!
    Expect your hunts to be interrupted, and If you are elk hunting, expect a hunter to wonder in to your calls, called in 3 hunters 3 different times last season!! Was pretty funny to watch them think they were stalking an elk, and I suck at bugling!!! Saying this, there is plenty of room for everyone, northern BC is a big place!! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Starting to sound like a good place to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    Starting to sound like a good place to avoid.
    If you put any place on here, it quickly becomes a good place to avoid. Add in all the fires and your hunting spots will turn into bromances and sausage parties.

If you have seen those old westerns where the homesteaders line up for a land grab,well that's what it was like for opening day, and that was over 20 years ago.

We are having a stay up the the 3rd week of September so just a pre warning
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Ironically, I was chatting with another tradesman at work today about hunting. He is going on a trip up north later this year with family. Guess where?? " jackfish "
    I think it will be his first time up in that area. I used to go to an area near there [ east pine river?/ pulp mill area] but also haven't been there in about 20 years. But another friend of mine left home today for a 2 week stay in the area.

Had bullets flying over my head last time I was up there...1st nations fellow killing a bull moose on a powerline when moose is closed to whitey!

and then he used the gutless method and left 1/2 of the meat for the wolves

Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    Had bullets flying over my head last time I was up there...1st nations fellow killing a bull moose on a powerline when moose is closed to whitey!

and then he used the gutless method and left 1/2 of the meat for the wolves
    Pics taken for the record??
    "Just ask anybody who packs a 338... the 30-06 will bounce off a grizzly!"

"I am not here to awaken sheep, I am here to awaken sleeping lions" Husky7mm