Thread: Goose Opening Day at Boundary, and the swimming pool near my home.....

Goose Opening Day at Boundary, and the swimming pool near my home.....

I was so excited with the opening day for Canada Goose. I thought they would be stupid on the 1st day of the opening, so I convinced my wife to go with me. We woke up at 2:30am, left my home at 3:00am, and arrived at Boundary Bay at around 3:40am. The day was nice, and it was a beautiful morning. However, there are no goose flying. Basically, we only see 1 group of goose flying around (not over, but far away), we tried to sneak to them (at open space), but they flied away like 150 yards away from me....

Then I was so bored, so I took a 1 hour nap on the grass, got bitten by misquote twice, lol.

After I went home, I was chatting with my friends........ and he told me the goose went to the swimming pool and everyone has to be out of the swimming pool to let the goose enjoy themselves.. They are smart, man, Im telling you. They know where they should go, where people are not allowed to hunt them.....

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Goose Opening Day at Boundary, and the swimming pool near my home.....

Great report Jc.
    Moved up country a few years back but that used to be me and my bro stacked in next to our magnum dekes.
    Quite a bit of birds still staging up here waiting for the weather to change.
    You'll get em, are you using flags of any kind, that was one of our secret weapons, they see them for miles
    Good luck
    Links

p.s. try some fields in poco on the river side of the train yard, always seem to be attracted to crops spilling at crossing right near those fields
    "Just ask anybody who packs a 338... the 30-06 will bounce off a grizzly!"

"I am not here to awaken sheep, I am here to awaken sleeping lions" Husky7mm

Ha the geese are clever
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

JC I was at Boundary on opening day too. Yea nothing happened. I got a nice snooze too. On 72nd apparently there was a nude photo shoot. We didn't even get that.

Quote Originally Posted by silveragent View Post
    JC I was at Boundary on opening day too. Yea nothing happened. I got a nice snooze too. On 72nd apparently there was a nude photo shoot. We didn't even get that.
    I was at 64th st, I should have go to 72nd... my binocular is awesome, I want to watch the nude photo shoot.

I tried yesterday again - nothing before 10:30 which is when I left. No nude shoot either. But I did get checked out by a couple coyotes. Maybe I should have taken one down.

I spoke to a couple other hunters who said they got geese after noon on opener. Credit to them for sticking it out.

Cycling back from downtown on Monday I saw my first flock on snows for the season flying towards Delta directly over the Georgia Street viaduct.

Quote Originally Posted by silveragent View Post
    I tried yesterday again - nothing before 10:30 which is when I left. No nude shoot either. But I did get checked out by a couple coyotes. Maybe I should have taken one down.

I spoke to a couple other hunters who said they got geese after noon on opener. Credit to them for sticking it out.
    It's all about the grind
    "Just ask anybody who packs a 338... the 30-06 will bounce off a grizzly!"

"I am not here to awaken sheep, I am here to awaken sleeping lions" Husky7mm

Before last year I never heard of snowies every crossing Vancouver proper. Then they started showing up in English bay!

Linksman313, quite right. My best duck day last year I stuck it out after all the other hunters left and I got a limit when the morning was a desert