Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: THIRTEEN DAYS - A Stone's Sheep Hunting Story

THIRTEEN DAYS - A Stone's Sheep Hunting Story

Well ladies and gentlemen it's time for another hunt film. I spent thirteen days in the Northern Rockies chasing Stone's Sheep with my friends Spencer and Tristan. We encountered almost everything that one can hope to encounter on a sheep hunt and I did my best to film it all. I hope you enjoy it and if you have any questions or comments please feel free to drop them below.

https://youtu.be/m06kwKqjAPU

2. Site Sponsor

Re: THIRTEEN DAYS - A Stone's Sheep Hunting Story

Another great video. I always enjoy watching your hunts. Congratulations on a hard fought battle. In the future when you do connect on a ram, it’s gonna feel that much sweeter. Thanks for taking the time to make the film and share with us. Good luck on the rest of your season.

Good video, I guess always the next time.
    Really like the music, can you tell us about it?
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Grasp another great video.. I am glad you had company on this trip of yours. Hope Tristan was ok.
    It was nice seeing you and Spencer having a good time.
    One thing I could not believe you could pack 13 days worth of food. Man just that amount of weight must of been heavy.
    Nothing is like climbing a mountain, and then feeling like you are at the top of the world.

Appreciate the support as always everyone. As for music I use a site called epidemic sound that lets you buy royalty free music for YouTube. I normally use more electronic type stuff but wanted a more jazz, blues, guitar kinda vibe for this one as I thought it would go better with the theme of the trip. I used three songs. Rhythm of the River - J.F. Gloss for the intro and the first half of the film. West of the Soul - River Foxcroft for the second half of the film. I wanted the music to switch a bit once we found our final camping spot as the mood shifted a bit. And finally Behind the Line - Tigerblood Jewel for Spencer's hiking montage. I wanted a more energetic, epic track to really showcase what a savage he is.

Nature Girl - Yeah my full pack with food, water and camera gear weighed 89 lbs. I do not recommend that for anyone lol. If anyone is interested I did just put out a backcountry meal guide that can help you plan for trips like this.

https://www.mindfulhunter.com/tools

Quote Originally Posted by Grasp View Post
    Appreciate the support as always everyone. As for music I use a site called epidemic sound that lets you buy royalty free music for YouTube. I normally use more electronic type stuff but wanted a more jazz, blues, guitar kinda vibe for this one as I thought it would go better with the theme of the trip. I used three songs. Rhythm of the River - J.F. Gloss for the intro and the first half of the film. West of the Soul - River Foxcroft for the second half of the film. I wanted the music to switch a bit once we found our final camping spot as the mood shifted a bit. And finally Behind the Line - Tigerblood Jewel for Spencer's hiking montage. I wanted a more energetic, epic track to really showcase what a savage he is.

Nature Girl - Yeah my full pack with food, water and camera gear weighed 89 lbs. I do not recommend that for anyone lol. If anyone is interested I did just put out a backcountry meal guide that can help you plan for trips like this.

https://www.mindfulhunter.com/tools

Thanks for the info on the music.
    Better luck next time, looking forward to it.
    I wish I could go.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Great Video and thanks for sharing. I also enjoy your podcast and other videos keep up the good(hard)work.

Awesome video. Great scenery and amazing stamina guys!

Great Share Grasp.

Your efforts should be applauded, it's only a matter of time till you tag a Ram.
    WSSBC
    BCWF
    CCFR
    BHA

Really enjoyed your video. Brought back many memories of my own "failures"!
    Don't give up...