Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Target practice near Vancouver

Re: Target practice near Vancouver

Quote Originally Posted by Agustin View Post
    I thought it would be cool to take him target practice with the compound and crossbow to finish hooking him up.
    Burnaby has an archery range on Kensington Ave by the CG Brown pool.
    No idea what would be involved to go shoot some arrows there but it may be an alternative for a guy...

Join Mission range and you can bring a guest for $20 drop in with said member. After 2 years, you can have 2 guests at $20/each drip in.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Quote Originally Posted by westcoaster View Post
    Burnaby has an archery range on Kensington Ave by the CG Brown pool.
    No idea what would be involved to go shoot some arrows there but it may be an alternative for a guy...
    It’s relatively cheap for a membership. Unfortunately, they make you do an intro course before you can shoot, the field is typically chock full of goose turd and/or mud, and crossbows aren’t allowed.

Having done that song and dance, I’d recommend finding a spot in the bush. The Fraser valley no shooting areas (400 m from road centerline) applies to firearms only.
    If it cant be done with one shot, it shouldn't be done.

"grab large claw hammer - put against butt cheek , pry head out of ass with claws...then go back to school..."

By "little Brother" do you mean your actual LB or the program Big Brothers offer? If the later you can request a weekend outing for longer time period, with both the family and the office, this i found to be successful when I did the program. If your actual brother then, same as others have suggested above.

Quote Originally Posted by Agustin View Post
    My Little Brother is showing an interest in bows, guns, hunting, and all that jazz. I thought it would be cool to take him target practice with the compound and crossbow to finish hooking him up.

Normally, I'd do that in crown land, 2.5+ away from the city, and with few people around. However, I our outings are of two to four hours per week, so that is out of the question. I also checked places like the Coquitlam Hunting club, but they don't do drop-ins due to the virus anymore.

So, is there any place closish to Vancouver in which we can do some target practice in relative peace?

Thanks!
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the the most intelligent , it is the one most adaptable to change"

Maybe Stanley park !!!!!! �� Too soon ?

What happened to Port Coquitlam range? Is it now a private Chinese range? Last time I went there it was Chinese marshalls, Chinese staff and all Chinese shooters. Drove there for nothing. There was no way I was gona get to shoot. Anyone wonder why Chinese have bought up huge amounts of firearms and taken over the local gun ranges?

Chinese army preparing to invade Canada?

What happened to Port Coquitlam range? Is it now a private Chinese range? Last time I went there it was Chinese marshalls, Chinese staff and all Chinese shooters. Drove there for nothing. There was no way I was gona get to shoot. Anyone wonder why Chinese have bought up huge amounts of firearms and taken over the local gun ranges?
    This is purely demographics. There is nothing insidious going on. If you didn't realize this shooting and hunting is an expensive sport. The Lower Mainland does have a significant Asian population who have money. The last time we had a survey, the largest proportion of users still had European last names.

No it is not a private Chinese range. That's just an ignorant and ridiculous assertion.

If you spent a micro-second looking at the website you could have seen anyone can still buy a membership, regardless of race. What you may have been annoyed at and then put a racist spin on it is that we are currently members only, no drop-ins. This is because the membership had complained for years that they couldn't get a spot because of drop-ins dominating weekends. We review this decision regularly. Before COVID we restricted drop-ins to weekdays only saving the prime weekend hours for members and their guests. Once COVID hit we decided our members should benefit by their annual fees and have the space to themselves. We revisit the decision every month.

We have white range officers, we have brown range officers, and yes we have Asian range officers (Chinese, Filipino, Japanese). You probably didn't bother finding out there is diversity there. We hire those who want to work for our safety, regardless of race.

I'm sorry you have a beef with the Chinese. You won't find a range in the Lower Mainland that doesn't have an Asian face. PCDHC is a non-profit. No one is 'buying up' the club. If you wanted a membership, you get a vote just like anyone else.

Ya right. They must be putting lots of money up so you don't say anything. Communist Party Members keep their skills up. I used that range for years with no problem. It is now basically a private Chinese club. Use the race card why don't you. It is 100% fact and you know it.

You can say whatever you want with your anonymous account.

Meanwhile anyone here can go right up to the office or use the website to get a membership and disprove your nonsense and your "100% fact". Here's something I know is true. When someone says something is "100% fact" they just labeled themselves as a bull-shitter.