Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O'Toole now saying he plans to keep OIC till a full review is done

O'Toole now saying he plans to keep OIC till a full review is done

Hey everyone i know this new news may have some people shaking in their boots. hold firm and keep your vote with O'toole. the simplified classification system will prevail and we will once again get our guns back. he needs to do this to save face and from being bombarded by reporters for the next 2 weeks trying to mislead joe public. Hes taking the advice of the national post and kicking the can down the line. he will hold his word once the dust settles.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: O'Toole now saying he plans to keep OIC till a full review is done

I trust him as much as I trust Kim Jong-Justin. Conservatives are just Liberal-lite
    Last edited by notyalc; 09-05-2021 at 02:26 PM.

Your not wrong but we have no other option. max didn't even show up for c-71 vote and the maverick party doesnt have enough traction. not saying its an enjoyable situation but lets face the reality at hand. Conservatives have been the only ones to repeal att's long gun registry etc. give them some credit where its due. and some faith.

i wouldnt worry about it. its just politicking
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

In this case it is better to go with a bit of twist in the old saying “ Better we go with the devil we don’t know than the one we do know ! “
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

It's unfortunate and I was surprised this happened. However, he must have seen that the Liberal scare tactics were having an effect in the cities and so he has to put off changes until after he forms a new government. He can be right and lose or he can fight that battle another day after he wins. If he doesn't form the next government, the Liberals have already promised worse things for gun owners.

PPC can stick to their 'guns' as much as they can; they weren't ever going to take voters away from the Liberals or NDP. They are only going to take votes away from the Conservatives. If the PPC ends up costing the Conservatives a seat or two, that is damage that cannot be undone. If gun owners want to vote against the Conservatives it will be like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

They're coming out of the woodwork...lol

Just had a conversation on the phone with my conservative MP to get clarification. He is an ipsc shooter and very pro firearm owner, and was pushing the Harper government to address the classification system a decade ago.
    He told me internal polls for Ontario were not looking good after the gun issue popped up following the french debate and they needed to keep the media at bay concerning the issue. From my understanding of his explanation; a public and transparent review of the classification system would eliminate what methods the Liberals used to created the OIC ban. That changes to the classification system do not have to be done through legislation but can also be put in place via an OIC, so a minority would suffice in making the changes.
    He said ideally after the changes a ruler and mechanism would be the only consideration for classification.

Quote Originally Posted by silveragent View Post
    It's unfortunate and I was surprised this happened. However, he must have seen that the Liberal scare tactics were having an effect in the cities and so he has to put off changes until after he forms a new government. He can be right and lose or he can fight that battle another day after he wins. If he doesn't form the next government, the Liberals have already promised worse things for gun owners.

PPC can stick to their 'guns' as much as they can; they weren't ever going to take voters away from the Liberals or NDP. They are only going to take votes away from the Conservatives. If the PPC ends up costing the Conservatives a seat or two, that is damage that cannot be undone. If gun owners want to vote against the Conservatives it will be like cutting off your nose to spite your face.
    This is exactly how it is, must vote conservative this time round.

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    Hey everyone i know this new news may have some people shaking in their boots. hold firm and keep your vote with O'toole. the simplified classification system will prevail and we will once again get our guns back. he needs to do this to save face and from being bombarded by reporters for the next 2 weeks trying to mislead joe public. Hes taking the advice of the national post and kicking the can down the line. he will hold his word once the dust settles.
    Hard to admit that the Conservative leader just stuck it to the Conservative sheep. This guy is a Tool. He broke away from his party's platform because he has no idea, plans or concepts on what he will do as leader. Sounds like a liar to me.
    #fakenews