Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Confiscated sheep in 2021

Re: Confiscated sheep in 2021

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    How many guys go after thinhorns and are successful on their first try? Lots.

How many guys go muley hunting and come home with a 170+ buck on their first trip? I don't know many. Do you?
    I know and have met many guys who haven’t tagged a sheep yet, but lots of large bucks have been taken.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Quote Originally Posted by mod7rem View Post
    Had an interesting chat with a bio today during a CI. Said the sheep confiscations have been increasing but also says that the demographic/personalities of sheep hunters seems to be changing more than any other hunting group. Sheep hunting has become the new “extreme sport” to conquer. Said that even the guide outfitters they talk to are seeing a big change in their sheep hunting clientele. In the past clients booked a trip and we’re happy to tag a sheep then hang out and enjoy the rest of the trip doing whatever. Now it’s pressure to get in, get one, then get out and move on to the next hunt somewhere else. Said lots of inexperience and the allure of long range shooting seems to be the new trend seen in sheep hunting.
    I forgot to ask if the numbers of young or short rams being killed is the only concern, or if the numbers of mature rams being killed is also going up.
    We’ve met hunters that just started their hunt and they already have it set out for what’s next on the list. Some don’t appreciate the splendor around them, just the challenge/task at hand. I’ve had many incredible trips over the years where we’ve seen some incredible events just relaxing and taking it all in.

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

How'd we go from illegal sheep being harvested to comparing taking a legal stone sheep to a trophy muley. This thread has lost it's way and should be closed. Don't shoot a sheep if you're unsure if it's full curl...end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudsey View Post
    How'd we go from illegal sheep being harvested to comparing taking a legal stone sheep to a trophy muley. This thread has lost it's way and should be closed. Don't shoot a sheep if you're unsure if it's full curl...end of story.
    At least it wasn’t covid

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    Socrates.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    I know and have met many guys who haven’t tagged a sheep yet, but lots of large bucks have been taken.
    That's not what I said.

I said, how many do you know that go and get a sheep vs 170+ muley on their VERY FIRST trip?

Big difference between the two. More people live near mule deer country than sheep country. So they get out more so they kill more.

MattB nailed it in his last post and he knows what he is talking about!

It's harder to shoot a trophy mule deer nowadays than it is to shoot a ram.
    Here’s your original question. And your still wrong.

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    Socrates.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    Here’s your original question. And your still wrong.
    Mmmm hmmmm ok

Quote Originally Posted by mod7rem View Post
    Had an interesting chat with a bio today during a CI. Said the sheep confiscations have been increasing but also says that the demographic/personalities of sheep hunters seems to be changing more than any other hunting group. Sheep hunting has become the new “extreme sport” to conquer. Said that even the guide outfitters they talk to are seeing a big change in their sheep hunting clientele. In the past clients booked a trip and we’re happy to tag a sheep then hang out and enjoy the rest of the trip doing whatever. Now it’s pressure to get in, get one, then get out and move on to the next hunt somewhere else. Said lots of inexperience and the allure of long range shooting seems to be the new trend seen in sheep hunting.
    I forgot to ask if the numbers of young or short rams being killed is the only concern, or if the numbers of mature rams being killed is also going up.
    Absolutely true. It's a form of "extreme sport" nowadays for sure and most call themselves "mountain athletes" or something of the sort. Instagram is full of personalities who don't seem to have a "normal" job and make a living going on hunts. And all the other guys want to be like them.

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    Yes things have sure changed or so it seems.
    So what were you getting CIed you had a successful trip.
    Yes we had some success. No success on sheep this year but I did take a caribou with one of my sons on a different trip. Did the CI on Friday.

Absolutely true. It's a form of "extreme sport" nowadays for sure and most call themselves "mountain athletes" or something of the sort. Instagram is full of personalities who don't seem to have a "normal" job and make a living going on hunts. And all the other guys want to be like them.
    A few of the " guys" use to post on HBC ..... want to be Rock Stars
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......