Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: O'Tool now supports Trudeau's gun ban!

Re: O'Tool now supports Trudeau's gun ban!

Quote Originally Posted by northof49 View Post
    LoL….negative much or what. Who was better to gun owners….Harper or Trudeau? Cons are your friend….Libs are not. Nuff said. Poles been trending in O’Toole’s favour not JT….time for optimism…fingers crossed.
    Another question. Why settle for what is better? What about what is best? I know that cons are better then libs and libs are better then dips when it comes to gun control but is any of them really that good? Sure the cons let me own a ar 15 but why couldn't I own a 30 rounder for it? Sure the cons took away the gun registration but I'm still registered as a gun owner. Why can't I have a baby browning or shoot my ar on private property? Both libs and cons have made advancements on gun control that has done little to protect the gun owner or enable him/her to own whatever gun they want. Gun control measures have changed lots over the life span of canada. I'm sure some old timers remember prior to the FAC days. I remember the FAC days when I went to the cop shop and got one and could go anywhere and buy a gun then i bitched whined moaned and dripped when the PAL/POL came out and I had to take a course to legally own the guns I'd had for 20 years. Now we got the new generation of gun owners that think the PAL is a normal way of doing things with little regard to how things have changed over the decades of gun control. The government of the day took all these privileges inch by inch and we let them. It didn't matter what party was holding the throne they still took it.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron0518 View Post
    Why would any politician be referring to any gun control from the 70's? Lol. He has no clue on his party's platform. So, it is clear that his spokeswoman understands his platform better than the leadership candidate. That is what is clear. He was pressed multiple times and for someone to think he was referring to 1970's gun control is a joke.
    It obviously went way over your head. It was a play on words to make fun of the Liberals over used of the term “assault weapons” and the May 2020 OIC “assault style weapon ban”. O’Toole said “of course, I have no intention of reversing the assault weapon ban (*cough, the real assault weapon ban from 1977,*cough). It’s right in his platform that he plans on repealing the OIC.

No question at the time,Harper was more a positive for gun owners. It was too bad that he turned into such a control freak on everything else. Hence why he had his ass handed to him. I enjoy a good political debate and am open minded. My main passion involves firearms but doesn't mean my life and my life decisions revolve around every aspect of it. I don't like any of the candidates but I still believe that voting is important.
    Agreed..…Cons still best option and Libs need to go.

Quote Originally Posted by bcsteve View Post
    It obviously went way over your head. It was a play on words to make fun of the Liberals over used of the term “assault weapons” and the May 2020 OIC “assault style weapon ban”. O’Toole said “of course, I have no intention of reversing the assault weapon ban (*cough, the real assault weapon ban from 1977,*cough). It’s right in his platform that he plans on repealing the OIC.
    Definitely went over my head. Lol. If only I was a Conservative sheep, I could have put a positive spin on him not being able to answer properly not once but twice. If in fact that was his humor shining through, he will be nominating the next Conservative leader sooner than later. People want answers. This guy talks a lot of shit with no plan on how to get there. He has no answers. Like I said before, firearms isn't the only thing that I think about. Maybe since they are so pro guns as people think, they could allow us to bring handguns into the bush while hunting? For a party so pro guns, they don't do anything above and beyond on the matter. Canceling the registry has done little to help the average gun owner out. As much as I hated the registry and happy it is "gone", removing it hasn't changed much for me.
    Last edited by cameron0518; 09-03-2021 at 03:43 PM.

For the kids and those that vote for which is better.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire...tion_in_Canada

You can use the googler to figure out what party and pm was in power by yourself.
    Last edited by Norwestalta; 09-03-2021 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Norwestalta View Post
    Another question. Why settle for what is better? What about what is best? I know that cons are better then libs and libs are better then dips when it comes to gun control but is any of them really that good? Sure the cons let me own a ar 15 but why couldn't I own a 30 rounder for it? Sure the cons took away the gun registration but I'm still registered as a gun owner. Why can't I have a baby browning or shoot my ar on private property? Both libs and cons have made advancements on gun control that has done little to protect the gun owner or enable him/her to own whatever gun they want. Gun control measures have changed lots over the life span of canada. I'm sure some old timers remember prior to the FAC days. I remember the FAC days when I went to the cop shop and got one and could go anywhere and buy a gun then i bitched whined moaned and dripped when the PAL/POL came out and I had to take a course to legally own the guns I'd had for 20 years. Now we got the new generation of gun owners that think the PAL is a normal way of doing things with little regard to how things have changed over the decades of gun control. The government of the day took all these privileges inch by inch and we let them. It didn't matter what party was holding the throne they still took it.
    Sometimes some amount of compromise is necessary…a means to an end. Likely why I’m still married

Quote Originally Posted by northof49 View Post
    Sometimes some amount of compromise is necessary…a means to an end. Likely why I’m still married
    I tried compromise but got divorced. Now I do as I'm told and it's worked for 25 years. Lol. I think it has anyways or so I'm told.

I have a hard time with compromise. With compromise comes the give a inch but they take a foot. Gun owners are just one group of many that make compromise only to get shafted in the end.

Every gray hair and wrinkle I get makes me want to not compromise that much more. Gun control, landowner rights, covid vaccines the list grows daily to things I've had enough of compromising about. Lol. I've turned into my dad.

Re: O'Toole now supports Trudeau's gun ban!

That's right hardcore Conservatives, your man O'Toole now is supporting the Liberals gun ban. Now what are your opinions of the All Mighty Conservatives that can do no wrong because they are pro guns? Personally, I think all the choices suck but this will get some voters squirming for sure.
    https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada...irearms#344749
    A vote for any of the Big Three is a vote for the UN.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Re: O'Toole now supports Trudeau's gun ban!

From August 18...

https://www.cp24.com/mobile/news/tru...2231?cache=yes

Vote Conservative!