Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: O'Tool now supports Trudeau's gun ban!

Re: O'Tool now supports Trudeau's gun ban!

It is all about word manipulation and reading between the lines. First comes a softening on a stance to guage the backlash. Politicians are obviously all about getting votes so they like to appeal to as many people as possible. Most people (except on HBC) think guns are negative so how else would a party get back into power besides joining the majority? Maybe O'Toole could bring back talk of listening inside our vehicles like Harper pushed for. He might change a few minor things but I doubt it all gets reversed. The media backlash alone would seal his fate. Get ready for another Liberal minority with more NDP than in recent elections. Pretty Boy and his lying, corrupt Defense Minister will still be standing, just not as tall.

Quote Originally Posted by bcsteve View Post
    CBC corrected their article.

Corrections

• This story has been updated from an earlier version that incorrectly stated that Erin O'Toole promised to maintain Trudeau's ban on assault weapons. In fact, O'Toole would repeal Liberal changes that banned 'assault-style' firearms while maintaining a 1970s-era ban on assault weapons.
      Sep 03, 2021 11:37 AM ET
    Well that's good news.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron0518 View Post
    That's what I thought but cbc says it's not so, but it sounded to me like he said. One of the perks of being deaf in one ear and not being able to hear out of the other I guess is being able to differentiate bullshit form horseshit.

It is all about word manipulation and reading between the lines. First comes a softening on a stance to guage the backlash. Politicians are obviously all about getting votes so they like to appeal to as many people as possible. Most people (except on HBC) think guns are negative so how else would a party get back into power besides joining the majority? Maybe O'Toole could bring back talk of listening inside our vehicles like Harper pushed for. He might change a few minor things but I doubt it all gets reversed. The media backlash alone would seal his fate. Get ready for another Liberal minority with more NDP than in recent elections. Pretty Boy and his lying, corrupt Defense Minister will still be standing, just not as tall.
    LoL….negative much or what. Who was better to gun owners….Harper or Trudeau? Cons are your friend….Libs are not. Nuff said. Poles been trending in O’Toole’s favour not JT….time for optimism…fingers crossed.
    Last edited by northof49; 09-03-2021 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by northof49 View Post
    LoL….negative much or what. Who was better to gun owners….Harper or Trudeau? Cons are your friend….Libs are not. Nuff said
    Both are advocates of gun control to different degrees. Yes the cons are better at this time but they are not that far apart.

“And when pressed by Global News, his team would not explain what assault rifle ban the Conservative leader was talking about. However, a spokeswoman for the party confirmed to The Canadian Press that O’Toole was referring not to the May 2020 ban but the prohibition of full-fledged “assault weapons” decades ago.”

Pretty clear to me.

“And when pressed by Global News, his team would not explain what assault rifle ban the Conservative leader was talking about. However, a spokeswoman for the party confirmed to The Canadian Press that O’Toole was referring not to the May 2020 ban but the prohibition of full-fledged “assault weapons” decades ago.”

Pretty clear to me.
    Did you listen to him. Seems two different things. Mind you I got no doubt the media was cherry picking and not showing the whole speech or the context.

Pretty clear to me.
    Why would any politician be referring to any gun control from the 70's? Lol. He has no clue on his party's platform. So, it is clear that his spokeswoman understands his platform better than the leadership candidate. That is what is clear. He was pressed multiple times and for someone to think he was referring to 1970's gun control is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by northof49 View Post
    LoL….negative much or what. Who was better to gun owners….Harper or Trudeau? Cons are your friend….Libs are not. Nuff said. Poles been trending in O’Toole’s favour not JT….time for optimism…fingers crossed.
    No question at the time,Harper was more a positive for gun owners. It was too bad that he turned into such a control freak on everything else. Hence why he had his ass handed to him. I enjoy a good political debate and am open minded. My main passion involves firearms but doesn't mean my life and my life decisions revolve around every aspect of it. I don't like any of the candidates but I still believe that voting is important.