Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Backpack instant coffee

Re: Backpack instant coffee

I got headaches on my sheep hunt, that’s why I was surveying.
    WSS BC Monarch Member
    WSF Member
    BCWF Member
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Following this one. I’m a coffee addict , but both my wife and I both get headaches from that stuff. Didn’t realize it was the coffee ,always thought it was elevation change.

i go with the guys that earlier mentioned Nescafe Instant coffee, I normally use a manual espresso maker but to save weight the Nescafe instant coffees' are reasonably priced and they taste like real coffee (for those even more budget conscious Walmart Branded are pretty good as well). If you need creamer and sugar mixed in you can experiment at home until you get the perfect combination for yourself and then throw makings into a heavy duty ziplock (not the sandwich ones) in the quantity you need for your trip and you should be ready to roll.

To be completely transparent, I gave up on all things Starbucks when they became "woke" and started pushing the BLM agenda, I will never darken their door or buy something with their brand ever again.
    Quote Originally Posted by wetcoastwillie View Post
    In general.... sometimes I may come across as being a prick.... but I'm human.... and cant always express my views as best as I should

I get headaches the next day if I don't drink coffee.
    Maybe, if you are getting headaches is because you haven't had enough coffee.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

I dig the Starbucks singles. I empty them into a small ziplock, saves a bit of room and garbage.

Timmy’s instant isn’t to bad too, but not as much bite as the Starbucks.

Quote Originally Posted by grantk View Post
    If you don't mind packing a bit extra weight and bulk, buy an Aeropress Go and bring your own ground coffee.
    X2 for the t the aeropress go. Some fresh ground balanced espresso blend. Grind it slightly coarser than espresso. One scoop, add some water and press out a mini espresso shot and add some water for a pretty damn good Americano. Hands down the best coffee you’ll ever have in the mountains.

If you want to go one up, add a fellow prismo attachment to your aeropress. It just has a little valve and a screen. Makes it easier to brew and you don’t need a paper filter
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

These are frigging delicious.
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

I have been roasting my own coffee for over 20 years and use an espresso machine at home, but when out hunting I take Nescafe, it's quick and easy.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Quote Originally Posted by RackStar View Post
    Anyone else get headaches from Starbucks via packs?
    Only if I mix too much BAILEYS
    In and drink TOO many coffees
    RJ

Quote Originally Posted by wildcatter View Post
    I have been roasting my own coffee for over 20 years....
    Do tell more, that sounds awesome.
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education