Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Backpack instant coffee

Re: Backpack instant coffee

I usually use Starbucks as well. Tim Hortons has some instant out now and the dark roast isn’t too bad. Used it camping for a week this year. Might just put some into a ziploc on the next backpack trip.

I bring the Nescafé , a dirty sweet pick me up while glassing a hillside

Quote Originally Posted by wildcatter View Post
    I have to check that place out.
    Do they sell smaller amounts or only in 65lb or bigger bags?
    I could sell some beans if you guys wanted. Probably starting around $9-10/pound in ziploc bags plus shipping. Highest end beans would be up around $14/pound.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

I’ve found kuju and it’s 100 times better then instant you can buy it at cabelas and Mec I think it’s 15$ for 6 cups but I think it’s worth the price

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    I could sell some beans if you guys wanted. Probably starting around $9-10/pound in ziploc bags plus shipping. Highest end beans would be up around $14/pound.
    Can you give us a list of beans with prices?
    Where are you located?
    You can also PM me.
    Thanks
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Quote Originally Posted by wildcatter View Post
    Can you give us a list of beans with prices?
    Where are you located?
    You can also PM me.
    Thanks
    I’ll send you a pm when I get home with some prices.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

I have bought a few of these from amazon, and I think I saw that on a thread somewhere on here over a year ago.

Then bring my favourite fresh ground with me. Mmmmm, fresh coffee when ever I feel like it.

Learned to drink it black now, and much better flavour, and no mess with sugar and creams now.

Primula Single Serve Coffee Brewer, Red, 2-Pack (Brew Buddy)

Anyone try teabags filled with ground coffee? I bought a bunch of empty teabags off Amazon but haven’t gotten around to trying it yet.

if you do teabag, how coarse of a grind and how much do you put in? I like my coffee fairly strong and black.

Nescafe instant coffee is does the job on the cheap, Starburcks Via if we're feeling extra ritzy. Guessing this answer doesn't help much if you're sick of the Via.

I'm not picky. I'll swallow the powder or drink redbull if I have to.

Do you have a portable stove like a pocket rocket? A small canister of fuel, pocket rocket and a french press doesn't take up a ton of room in the pack. Alpine guys do it. And it could be a nice distraction after hours of glassing or still hunting... many bucks been shot by hunters in the middle of brewing up a cup too.
    Last edited by caddisguy; 09-07-2021 at 10:11 PM.

Via, Timmy's instant, and/or Nescafe French vanilla.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.