Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Backpack instant coffee

Re: Backpack instant coffee

Quote Originally Posted by wildcatter View Post
    I have been roasting my own coffee for over 20 years and use an espresso machine at home, but when out hunting I take Nescafe, it's quick and easy.
    and here I thought I was the only one doing that... What kind of a roaster are you using? Where are you buying your beans?
    Quote Originally Posted by wetcoastwillie View Post
    In general.... sometimes I may come across as being a prick.... but I'm human.... and cant always express my views as best as I should

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBob View Post
    and here I thought I was the only one doing that... What kind of a roaster are you using? Where are you buying your beans?
    Toper tkmsx5, I have an aillio bullet too…
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    Toper tkmsx5, I have an aillio bullet too…
    Sweet, I got a Hottop KN-8828B Coffee Roaster, only a few ounces at a time compared with yours but it is only for my use. I have been buying my beans from Sweet Maria's in California. Can't seem to find reasonable prices for green beans in Canada but maybe not looking in the right places?
    In general.... sometimes I may come across as being a prick.... but I'm human.... and cant always express my views as best as I should

Sweet, I got a Hottop KN-8828B Coffee Roaster, only a few ounces at a time compared with yours but it is only for my use. I have been buying my beans from Sweet Maria's in California. Can't seem to find reasonable prices for green beans in Canada but maybe not looking in the right places?
    There isn’t any reasonably priced green beans on the canadian market. By the time you buy them and roast them, you might as well have bought roasted coffee from a specialty shop.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Was owner-operator in a micro-roastery, sold my interest in early 2020. Agree with the statement above, difficult to find small consumer amounts of green beans for reasonable prices in Canada. When I was learning how to roast as a hobby I used to order from Sweet Maria's but some of their beans are as old as the hills. Had better luck ordering from Pre-Umber, based in Ponoka AB and they had better green beans than Sweet Maria's for a relatively reasonable albeit still expensive proposition. Coffee prices like everything have increased recently. If you have a local roaster you could always ask if they would be willing to sell you some green beans from their bags too?

What are you guys paying for green beans? And what’s the shipping/damage at the border?

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    What are you guys paying for green beans? And what’s the shipping/damage at the border?
    I have not ordered for so long nothing I have is current. Their prices seem to be from 6 to 8 dollars US per pound in 1 lb lots and 20 pounds orders drop it about a $1 a pound. Shipping was not too bad and I am pretty sure it was not taxed, shipped USPS direct.

Quote Originally Posted by huntcoop View Post
    Do tell more, that sounds awesome.

Well, if you roast your own you will have the freshest coffee and you can tailor it to yout taste AND a lot cheaper than buying roasted beanz.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

I started way back with popcorn makers, later had a couple i-Roast II and they worked pretty good, but I believe they are not in business anymore.
    Currently I am using a Behmore drum roaster with good results, one day I would love to own a small old gas roaster, like a Royal #1
    Yokka's Coffee in Victoria got a nicely restored old roaster, the beauty and simplicity of that machine is awesome.
    My dream espresso machine is a vintage Faema E61.
    I used to buy beans on ebay and had it shipped free to a mailbox in Blaine, but now cant go down, besides I moved to the Cariboo.
    Shipping beans to BC is insanely expensive and prices are higher too.
    I bought many times from JJ Bean on Powell St. and still buy sometime when I drive down to Vancouver.
    Their prices are much higher too now.
    Right now I can get some from a friend at holesale price in 100 Mile who roasts for his business and sell too.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.

Quote Originally Posted by kitnayakwa77 View Post
    Was owner-operator in a micro-roastery, sold my interest in early 2020. Agree with the statement above, difficult to find small consumer amounts of green beans for reasonable prices in Canada. When I was learning how to roast as a hobby I used to order from Sweet Maria's but some of their beans are as old as the hills. Had better luck ordering from Pre-Umber, based in Ponoka AB and they had better green beans than Sweet Maria's for a relatively reasonable albeit still expensive proposition. Coffee prices like everything have increased recently. If you have a local roaster you could always ask if they would be willing to sell you some green beans from their bags too?
    I have to check that place out.
    Do they sell smaller amounts or only in 65lb or bigger bags?
    WLM

Flush the Turd!