Thread: Fall Black Bear around Harrison/Chilliwack

Fall Black Bear around Harrison/Chilliwack

Hey! I just came back from my first hunting trip! I went to 3-16 looking for some dear. Unfortunately, I saw nothing, but I had a blast nonetheless and I actually saw lots of signs of deer activity (they were just smarter than me). I am hooked now.

I wanna try luck again next week before firearm season starts. I don't have time for another 3+ hours drive, so I thought of trying look for Black Bear close by. During summer, I scouted a couple FSRs close to Squamish, but I saw nothing: No sightings, no poop, no anything. So instead, I was thinking of going to either Harrison or Chilliwack. But I haven't scouted those places yet. So maybe some kind internet stranger can give me some feedback on that plan

Thanks folks!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Fall Black Bear around Harrison/Chilliwack

No shortage of bears around Harrison. We were up there last week and saw 3 bears the first day and 2 on the second including a fairly decent sized color phased boar. I guessed it to be 6 feet, 300 pounds. We also saw a couple decent bucks which surprised us a little. One 2 point and a 4x3. Nice drive, nice views. Good luck

Just be aware that this long weekend Harrison and Chilliwack River Valley will be full of people getting out for a last trip before school starts.

Thanks folks, I will let you know if I have any luck this Friday.

So I went to Bear Creek FSR past Friday to try some luck. No success! Granted, it was a short hunt: I arrived there at about 5pm and I couldn't stay overnight. I drove in till I found a south facing hill, found a place to hide in front of good vegetation, and spent the rest of my time doing fawn-in-distress calls. The first time I call anything, it was very fun. Beautiful place.

I think that my mistake was not going higher and more off road. I know for next time!