Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found a ground blind- etiquette question

Found a ground blind- etiquette question

Hi all,

So I have spent way too many areas e scouting the area I will be hunting in this year and for years to come. I hiked in and checked out a spot today. I found a rudimentary ground blind on a slope overlooking a travel corridor. Crown land. On the plus side, it confirms my e scouting, but here is the question:

if you find a ground blind during hunting season on crown land, is it fair game when vacant, or best to keep moving?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Found a ground blind- etiquette question

On crown land, fair game....that being said, if an individual was to be hunting the area and informed me that they built it, I would gladly move on...

I’d move on. Plenty of ground out there.

Move on, yes
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

If it's on Crown land it becomes first come first served. That's how I'd look at it if it was me that built it.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

fair game for whoever got there first. I've been in 20 year old tree stands. And also have built some that I haven't been near in 20 or so years. I don't know if they are still there? If you find something on public land then it becomes available for the public to use. Brand new fresh might mean a different thing. If the builder shows up and says " hey, I just made this do you mind me having it back" then that becomes a courtesy respect thing.

I agree with the majority. If you find it on crown land, it’s fair game, but if someone shows up and claims they spent hours building it recently, I’d likely let them have it. If I built something and found someone else in/on it, I’d just move on for that day, and get up earlier tomorrow!
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Two guys built a blind that has about 10 feet of elevation on private land with the owner's permission.
    When asked why he wasn't;t using his blinds "every time we go there it is occupied".
    I used it once and got a buck.

If the private land blind is occupied, the occupiers better damn well have permission to be on that land!
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Some guys get pissed if you use the blind they built on crown land.

Few yrs ago a fellow hbc member found a ground blind over looking a cut block and decided to sit in it for a while. After sitting for a while he hears something behind him, when he turns around there is 2 or 3 hunters. One of them starts to lose his shit, yelling at him and asking him where his truck was…..etc.